Skin
Years ago

Jawai hopes to play late Jan

Rookie Nathan Jawai is targeting late January to make his NBA debut for the Raptors.

There were concerns about his playing career three months ago due to a heart ailment.

"The workouts are going great, and I'm getting into shape quicker than I expected," Jawai said Monday.

"Probably it's the end of the month, but who knows?"

Jawai was given clearance to resume workouts a few weeks ago with no restrictions.

"I haven't been doing anything for three months," Jawai said of getting back into game shape. "I'm probably over-doing it a bit, but I can't help myself. I'm too excited that I'm back."

from
http://linky.com.au/pzwpt

Topic #18608 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Great news.

Reply #219395 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Also, the Rap's are now trying to secure a trade to get rid of JO. this would only be good news for Jawai's chances of court time if it happened right? However who would take JO?

Link: http://linky.com.au/jtcaw

Reply #219397 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Probably New York, oh wait Isaih has gone

Reply #219398 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Trade O'Neal to the bucks for Bogut. Help kickstart Bogut's career.

Go:

5. Bogut
4. Jawai
3. Bosh
2. Moon
1. Calderon/Parker

Not that it makes the best lineup but I just want to see a huge aussie contingent and Canada likes aussies more.

Man... if you could have that combo and then Toronto gets Patty Mills next season... oooh baby.

Reply #219425 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

If Bogut's salary matched up with o'neals it would be an interesting trade.

Reply #219427 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Couldnt see the Bucks doing a straight swap for Bogut

Toronto would have to add a bit more to that trade

Injury has killed Jermaine O'Neal

Reply #219432 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Trade JO and Barnagni for Bogut :)

Wouldn't it be great to have all 3 Aussie's playing together - would be great for the Boomers come 2010 and 2012.

Reply #219436 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I can't wait to see Jawai hit the court.

The Raptors dream of the 3 Aussies would be awesome.

I wouldn't welcome JO @ the Knicks now compared with 2-3 yrs ago. Injuries have just caught up with him and he's no longer the same force he once was. I was once a big fan of this man.

Reply #219472 | Report this post

Years ago

Big Marty, I really doubt Jawai would be starting, even if O'Neal wasn't there. They'd start Bosh, Bargnani or Kris Humphries at the 4 before they considered Jawai.

Reply #219506 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good signs today for big Nate, ESPN has listed him on the scoresheet for today's game...no court action yet.

Reply #219891 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nate didn't get on court in the end as it was close.
JO and Calderon and Moon didn't play int he Rap's win over the Wizards.
Bargnani was on fire again, 4/5 from downtown on his was to a game high 25 points (8/9 FG, 5/5 FT) with 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
Can't see why you would trade him!
JO would be trade material but who would take him - can't see it happening.

Reply #219906 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

ESPN box score shows Jawai made it to the roster of 12 for today's game, however he was a "DNP - Coaches Decision"

This is the first time I have seen his name listed in the box score this season. So could he finally get to make his long-awaited debut with some court time within the next week?

Link: http://linky.com.au/urmkd

Reply #222663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754