baller
Years ago

Sixers owner a disgrace!!!

How pathetic is the sixers onwer!! Not paying your best player and the sole reason why we still have a shot at the play offs is just crap. The dome is nearly sold out tonight and the reason why is they wanted to see Hodge play.
I just can't see how someone can't be paid. You only have to transfer money from one account into another, not too hard as far as im concerned.
If this causes Hodge to never play for the sixers again or decide not to play next year then I think the blame should be aimed directly at the owner.
For a professional organisation this is a disgrace!!

Topic #18613 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. This is an absolute disgrace from the 36ers (dis)organisation.

Reply #219504 | Report this post

Joe Johnson  
Years ago

It boggles the mind. As you say, nothing short of a total disgrace from management/ownership. Hodge is the epitome of the NBL player you want to make sure is happy, happy, happy.

Reply #219507 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hell show some faith Mal dip into your pocket and give him a nice wad of cash to keep the man happy until you can sort out this garbage of how the hell to pay a player.

Reply #219509 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

My guess is Julius is gone.... he will not be playing for nothing and i think will head back and play D-league.

Reply #219517 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Absolute Disgusting behaviour by the 36ers - once again proving how much of a dodgy brother, backyard shonky people they are! Heads should roll for this.

Reply #219518 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

Ohh and baller, were talking $10 to $15K per month here too, not just some small change....if not more...

Reply #219519 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

$10-15k a month????? and the rest!

Reply #219520 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Why is Hodge the only one to have this problem? The rest playing for nothing?

Reply #219521 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I'll start by saying I don't know the full story so any of the following is speculation.

I think there's more to it than meets the eye with this "non payment" debacle. If the problem rests with Hodge providing incomplete bank details then surely it's his agent's job to sort out this basic administrative process so payment can be made. I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if Hodge / his agent would have brought this story to the media if the problem was at their end, which makes we wonder what the hell is going on at Sixers HQ to allow things to have gone this far. Is it the fact that no one's taking the bull by the horns and working out what technicalities are stopping the payment going through? Or is there not enough money to actually make the payment and their just stalling until they have sufficient funds? Both scenarios are frightening, especially the latter.

However&&I don't agree that Hodge withdrawing from a crucial match with massive play off implications against a similarly placed team on the ladder is the right thing to do. When he arrived he promised us a championship, and isn't that the reason he's here? To win a championship, raise his profile, give the MVP voting a good shake up, impress NBA scouts tracking his process and get paid while doing it? I understand that it's crucial to be paid for your work, but when you're a professional athlete (and the highest paid on your team) who's already minted I think your agenda should be different to your average Joe salaryman.

Looks like we got away with a win so no damage has been done on the ladder, but you have to wonder what this has done for team morale, for fair-weather supporters who filled the dome just to see him play and for potential sponsors who now have even more questions marks about being associated with the club and the league. Also curious whether this decision was made by Hodge or his agent, I suspect the latter. Interested to see what comes out of all this.

Reply #219522 | Report this post

Diss  
Years ago

Who cares how much he gets paid. he got 6,500 people to the dome to see him! he's worth his weight in gold.
hell dont pay burdon, hill etc. hodge is your priority!

36ers admin, s**t house. you've dissapointed 6,500 people. and prob prevented them from going back.

Reply #219523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching the game felt like crap with the Hodge story. If he was injured then it wouldn't have been so bad, but such a f-up by the Sixers is pathetic.

For the new season, the NBL should pay the players and the clubs pay the NBL.

Reply #219524 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Mal hemmering #@$% yourself, absolute joke of a business man, anyone else anyone else would simply sort this out in house. He is a stubborn pig, sell the team and stay out of our Dome. Hodge brought crowds up 2000 more so pay him what he is due

Reply #219525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billo

"However&&I don't agree that Hodge withdrawing from a crucial match with massive play off implications against a similarly placed team on the ladder is the right thing to do."

Would you go to work for nothing??

Reply #219526 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

Look, i am unsure what he gets, but going from some stories, i was being conservative with 10 to 15.

i agree with the comments about drawing the crowd...the sooner they get a model based on a-league the better, one marque player and then the rest the better, crowds will only grow.cant wait to be honest...

Reply #219527 | Report this post

Joe Johnson  
Years ago

I can undertand mistakes being made with paying someone, I've been paid too little, too much and not at all sometimes in various jobs. I've always got it sorted out without any major dramas. The reason why there hasn't been major dramas about it is I haven't gone THREE WEEKS without a result in such situations. Its only taken a couple of days to get it right, in my experience anyway.

His money was due on December 15! That was over three weeks ago. Three weeks! Pathetic. What type of admin cirus are the Sixers running?

Reply #219528 | Report this post

J-Rich  
Years ago

What a farking joke the Sixers are ! Did you see the crowd there tonight....gee I wonder what the reason is they were all there, or shall I say, who the reason is ? Mal Hemmerling... Fark You !

Bank detail error ? What, he hasn't been paid prior to these shenanigans ? Pathetic !

Basketball in this country is already a farce and then this endorsement happens !

What a farking joke. If Hodge is never to be seen again, this farcical club can kiss my season ticket money goodbye....13 years worth mind you.

Get your shit together Mal !

Reply #219529 | Report this post

Ostrich 39  
Years ago

I am disappointed that Hodge did not play. Although you are a professional player, you also have some loyalty towards your team and fans. If the pay is few days, or even few weeks late, I would still expect him to play, as to not play only worsens things, whatever is the reason for the current problems. Especially this is the case if the reason is miscommunicated account numbers. In the end its Hodge, not his agent, who decides if he plays or not. The agent can give advice, but Hodge decides. Thus this may be very challenging with regards to team morale, as previously written.

It will be interesting to see if these 6,500 people are still as exited about Hodge and his 'heart' as they were before this.

Also, the 36ers admin for sure have their responsibility too. How this can be possible? Of course the existing financial crisis have influenced, e.g. ABC is the major sponsor, as is a major car retailer (we all have read by now the challenges that car retailers have faced).

Let's hope that things will be solved, Hodge will continue playing and the team and fans will forgive all this, and 36ers will enter play-offs in a good shape. Let's hope.

Reply #219530 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

I hope someone has emailed this thread to the Sixers admin with a big CC to Money Mal......

Reply #219532 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

From what I have heard Hodge has gone for the season :( There better be a good reason why or the Sixers management is an absolute joke!

If Hodge has gone so have the Sixers chances of winning the championships. The season is over. We could barely beat a crappy hawks team with two of their bigs out

Reply #219534 | Report this post

Joe Johnson  
Years ago

Ostrich 39, Hodge is a 'professional' player playing for a 'professional' organisation. Going three weeks without pay isn't the least bit 'professional.' You expect him to keep playing? At what point should be start to be getting real worried that he won't ever see the money and is getting ripped off? How long should he allow himself to be a sucker?

Sorry, but the 'professional' street goes both ways. You got pay the guy.

Reply #219535 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

As far as loyalty goes and the comments that Hodge should be playing - Hasnt it been reported that he gave the club an ultimatum before the game on New Years Eve up here? Then decided at the last minute to show some trust in the promises about the lack of funds being a banking error and play the game.
Now - almost a week later he still hasnt got his coin so what more could he do? Keep playing and believe more promises taht the money is on the way?
Surely if it is just an error someone at the club (the owner)could have gone to the bank, grabbed a significant ammount of cash and given it to him as a sign of good faith. Then when the banking issues are sorted out they can reconcile the extra cash paid to him in the next months payrun and keep all this crap out of the media and keep the marquu player on the court.

Reply #219536 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Either he stops playing for good or he keeps playing I say, there should be no in between. F*ck still being a member of the team but refusing to play, that's BS if you ask me. Letting his teammates down, the fans down and himself down. I doubt very much if Adelaide management would be intentionally trying to rip him off, that I think is the last thing they would be trying to do. Obviously something has gone wrong but I'm sure it will be sorted out.

If you're a player then the last thing you want is to sit on the sidelines, it bloody hurts to watch a game you could be involved in. If he's done with Adelaide cos he's not getting paid then fair enough, go home if you have to and then chase your money. But if you're going to eventually get paid and are still sticking around, put on a fricken uniform and play. Stop being such a b*tch.

Reply #219537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see proof from the sixers management that this money has left their account. if it has left their account and the account details given by Hodge or his agent were wrong there is fault on both sides.

Personally I don't agree with Hodge not playing and I think he will be gone from the league. The bridges he has burnt with the team are massive. yes he should have been paid as the sixers have said if he was paid on the 19th and the money in limbo there should have been some resolution by both sides to the issue. to not play seems to me a big dummy spit especially if it does pan out that problem lies at his end.

Reply #219538 | Report this post

Joe Johnson  
Years ago

lockstock, you say Hodge is letting his teammates down, the fans down and himself down."

I say management is letting the fans down. They are letting Hodge down and they are letting his teamates down.

Reply #219539 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

KJ

from what i was told he got paided but because it was late it breached his contract. allowing him to look elsewhere and considering he was in melb last few days from what ive heard i would not be suprised to see him in a Tigers Uniform for the rest of the season.

and also considering DT wasnt a done deal it also leads to that conclusion as well.

i agree late payment is poor, but on the same token there are ways and means to make a statement.

personaly it showed he has no loyalty as well fair enough cut your ties go home but to go to a team stacked and allready over the limit smells of greed to me.

either way should never have come to this point.. i also dont believe its Mals fault either more so the incoming people.

Reply #219540 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Anon 219526 - No, I would not go to work for nothing, but I am assuming Hodge is actuallly going to get paid, it's just being delayed.

There are also a few fundamental differences our respective employments, firstly I don't do my job for the love of it, I do it only for the money, secondly I won't be letting down 6000 paying fans if I don't turn up to work, thirdly I don't have scouts keeping track of my performance in a bigger and better company who may wonder why I've stopped coming to work.

Reply #219541 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

also i guess we will all find out sat.

not many games left to qualify a import for finals.

that goes for us and the tiges

Reply #219542 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

ohhh my no more hodgey????

Reply #219543 | Report this post

Silk  
Years ago

Hodge was paid cash today...and since has been unable to be contacted. He MAY be a Melbourne Tiger, i have a friend who works at the airlines, who told me they saw him flying to melbourne Saturday...because the 6ers had Sunday off. I would like the 36ers chances if we could pull off a Rod grizzard from this point. If you have any sense, this is a team not be written off with players such as Schensch, Balls and Mahersy playing well.

Reply #219544 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

You may be right Joe Johnson, but I don't know the facts, but either way I still think he should do one or the other, not sit on the fence. Maybe I was a little harsh, on second thoughts!

Reply #219545 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

He has been playing under the 'loyaly' banner since dec 15th as far as i can see!!! How lond does loyalty stretch before you make a stand!

Live National TV, sold out venue, just been on The OT... smart man

Here's a simple answer - GO TO THE BANK AND WITHDRAW THE $80K (+) AND GIVE THE BROTHER CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #219546 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

It is very hard to provide some meaningful comments unless we know the complete facts of the matter and I think it is fair to say that nobody on this blog knows them at this stage. It is a very emotional issue of course and when I saw that he was not playing tonight, I felt like walking straight out of the place.
Whatever the situation may be, it may have been useful had someone made an announcement at the Dome to the thousands who had paid good money to see Hodge (and others of course, but Hodge is the major draw card)to at least give those suckers some idea of what is happening - it would have been somewhat courteous to do so rather than treating those people with contempt.
Felt like a Pyric victory tonight to me and I wonder now what lies ahead. We will not make the playoffs without the guy or at least someone as good and there is no hope of a replacemnt at this stage of the season.

Reply #219549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billo,

By your own admission your are assuming hodge will actually get paid the money he is owed. Given the state of this league and how many other teams are in financial trouble I think that if I were in his shoes, after 3 weeks, I would have some serious doubt about whether or not I will get paid.

"There are also a few fundamental differences our respective employments, firstly I don't do my job for the love of it, I do it only for the money, secondly I won't be letting down 6000 paying fans if I don't turn up to work, thirdly I don't have scouts keeping track of my performance in a bigger and better company who may wonder why I've stopped coming to work."

IMHO this is why Hodge has played for the 6ers in their last two games.

Reply #219550 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

unless its a recycled import

Reply #219551 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

i'll call bullshit on him being a tiger...he will either be a 6er or in NYC...

Reply #219552 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Gone to the Melbourne Tigers was the word, at half-time, people were telling me.

Reply #219553 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ahh Billo - you never know who might be waiting in the wings to headhunt you

after your efforts at Wimbledon there must be lots of photographers looking for someone with your talents ;)

Reply #219556 | Report this post

bulls4eva  
Years ago

fuck the 36ers if hodge leaves

fuck them!

Reply #219557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he is gone, do you think the 36ers will go after another import, maybe Rod Grizzard?

On another note, is Brad Hill related to Joe Ingles, their faces sort of looks the same...

Reply #219558 | Report this post

J-Rich  
Years ago

I just emailed the club my disgust..... Feel free -

[email protected]

Reply #219559 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

before you F anyone remeber theres allways 2 sides to a story, whether or not you want to acknowledge that

Reply #219560 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

if this is true, how funny does this make the salary cap look?
even gaze mentioned the joke it is tonight!!

Reply #219561 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Anon 219550,

fair point, perhaps I am naive in my assumption he will get paid, I'm not privy to the ins and outs of what promises and ultimatums have been made to who, all I know is the situation is very messy and the damage done by pulling out of a home game packed with fans there primarily to see him play is massive.

Reply #219562 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

No doubt very disapointing about Julius not playing tonight and there is some great passion coming out on this thread

What i would be doing is waiting for the facts to come out.

I suggest Boti will have it all pretty well covered tomorrow in the paper.

Reply #219564 | Report this post

michael  
Years ago

There is no way he is a tiger we have DT we don't need him Dt no's the tigers system Hodge would not no it

Reply #219565 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I just cant believe that whoever controls the cash cant get this sorted, he is the best player in the league and the sole reason many people have started coming the games. Its just unimaginable you would not pay him what he is entitled, we are not paying him more, just what everyone signed up to and agreed on.

Its crap like this that just drives fans up the wall and loose faith in the admin. They do great and get him here now throw it all down the toilet, along with fans and the media. Unforgivable.

As for hodge i would like to think the players would have his back and he would play on but you have to draw the line somewhere and several weeks is long enough.

Mal, just blew any respect anyone had for him away.

Reply #219566 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I heard it on the grapevine that Hodge was at the Mark Davis b/ball camp on Tuesday helping out

Reply #219567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti has stated in the paper that not only was Hodge paid he has been paid in advance.

So if he has been paid and they have shook hands on the deal where is he?

Isn't taking money and not playing false pretences. Sorry but I think Hodge looks the jerk here.

Reply #219568 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Anon 219568, do you have a link to the article? I haven't come accross that in the paper.

Reply #219571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THE Australian basketball future of Adelaide 36ers import Julius Hodge is in severe doubt after he failed to appear for last night's key NBL game against Wollongong.

A pay dispute with the club which became public has not only been settled, but the charismatic American fan favourite also has now received advanced payments.
"He's been paid," Sixers owner Mal Hemmerling said last night.

"We shook hands today and there wasn't a problem.

"We have no idea why he isn't here and it's unacceptable.

"A professional player just doesn't do this."

Adelaide rallied in front of 6307 fans at the Distinctive Homes Dome last night to beat Wollongong 106-99, keeping alive its top six play-off hopes.

"Of all the scenarios you could imagine, if you told me a player had been paid in advance and then just wouldn't turn up - it's just staggering," 36ers coach Scott Ninnis said.

"He's been uncontactable all afternoon and to treat his team-mates like this - the guys you go to war with on a weekly basis - is beyond my comprehension."

Sixers captain Brett Maher, who produced a vintage 14-point third quarter to push Adelaide into a winning position, said not knowing whether Hodge would play even upto 10 minutes before tip-off had been very disruptive.

"With the pay situation in the background, it's been very disruptive for a lot of weeks now," Maher said. "The players are starting to get used to it."

Hodge was not answering his mobile and unavailable for comment.

The popular swingman played last year as a replacement for Mike Chappell before spending the off-season pursuing his NBA dream with the New Jersey Nets.

The 36ers cut under-performing Mark Tyndale as Hodge became available and Adelaide quickly pounced.

The 36ers are 5-3 in the eight games he played prior to last night's win over the Hawks.

Reply #219572 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

interesting article indeed

Reply #219573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Hodge caught the 3pm flight to Spain

Reply #219575 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

out of melbourne ??

Reply #219576 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

hodge wanted to play but was told not to play by his manager due to no pay.

COME ON MAL!!

Reply #219577 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

This issue has been around since the 15th - why hasn't the sixers mangement stood up, been active and called the banks to see what has happened, provide Hodge with the the transaction records proving that the money has been transferred to the account he designated.

If there is a problem with the banks, provide and emergency advance cash payment to keep Hodge happy - it is really not that hard - you have to feel sorry for Hodge, different country and no pay, it can't be a nice experience.

And you have to think - we have paid Hodge last season and there was no problems paying him.......

Surely it is not that hard, especially in this day of Internet Banking.

C'mon Sixers management - do so some active management for a change - but is it all too late and the damage done?

PS - Hope you enjoyed your paid Xmas break Sixers Mangement

Reply #219578 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

You're all being very hard on Mal. From day 1 I've not believed the story about him owning the team ( just a paperwork name because conflict of interest would not allow E.G. to own more than one team).
Hence, the aforementioned person, being in financial difficulties, maybe couldn't or didn't want to come up with the ca$h. As Thommo pointed out his contract is in breach, so Julius would be checking his options. Cash flow isn't an issue for Tigerland, so history might just have been created.

What Mal should be responsible for is making a statement to the players, and to all the loyal fans to clear the air.

Reply #219579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe and crudeboy why don't you read Boti's article been paid been paid in advance

shouldn't this now read Hodge is a disgrace

Reply #219580 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

hmmm, more to this than meets the eye, i think Mal is playing as good if not better game than Julius?

Boti needs to dig deep.....but i'll wait for DJRod and JR for the truth!

Reply #219581 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thats crap Kobe.

Reply #219583 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Sorry - missed the article - but my point stays - why did the emergency payment only occur today? Why not last week?

Sixers Management - FAIL!

Reply #219584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before making judgement calls on anyone, it might be worth waiting until the picture becomes clearer.. professionalism needs to work two ways.

It sux he didn't play but I don't know if anyone would want to hear the court announcer say before tip off: "due to -insert reason- Julius Hodge will not be playing tonight and Brett Maher will be taking his spot in the starting 5".

Reply #219585 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

if the article is true beep...beep....beep as i back up what i said. I would have a guess as someone said earlier they have taken it as a breach of contract and have gone. To not take calls from his team mates is pretty bad and i would say he is gone. Should not have come to this in the first place though, we had a good thing here and now...we have a pr disaster.

Reply #219586 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

agree on the statement but, if there are contractual issues its probably not for the public arena, i know i wouldnt want my issues brought out infront of 6000 strangers,

but thats a question for stephon he would know the legal side of that..

Reply #219587 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The first part of that article really worries me... This spate has now become very public, with the owner calling Hodge unprofessional in a public forum. If people were being professional in the first place this event would of never happened.

I can see Hodge saying f*** you, returning the advanced monies and getting on the next plane heading to the D League..

Reply #219589 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Just starting to wonder if some of the earlier posters are reviewing their opinions.

Reply #219590 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

think they are squid,

hey we could allways sign Nash for two years ;)

Reply #219591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodge was paid, said he was coming and didn't show.

Hardly the clubs fault, the fact that Hodge was uncontactable is a bit odd.

I say dump him and give Grizzard a call.

Reply #219592 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

anon because i dont believe the article

Reply #219593 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It most prob only got done in the last few days though! and they are trying to save their sorry arses by feeding Boti a story that he is paid up and its not their fault.

PS The reason there were so many at the game is because all the kids that go to All star camp get free tickets and cheap tickets for their families.

Reply #219594 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

For our benefit and hopefully all parties involved, we have a game this Saturday against the Taipans of which after whoever has made their point tonight by our star import not playing, Hodge NEEDS to play this Saturday and put it all under the bridge. Time is of the essence in this scenario and I think if Hodge is still a Sixer at this point in time, Saturday can't come quick enough! (This is assuming all parties have made/received payments according to contracts etc.)

Reply #219595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe you are dreaming. The article would be true. Sign Grizzard Hodge is gone. Even if he comes back you'd still have to be waiting for another dummy spit is it possible he has generate this as an out to his contract to play in Europe.

Reply #219596 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

anon so what if they were cheap tickets, or tickets included in the camp, the dome was the dome of old, i for one have no issue with the kids getting free tickets as part of the camp package which im sure the sixers would have got some revenue out of.

better then only haveing 5000 people

Reply #219597 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

awww come on squid i was hoping for a bite ;)

Reply #219598 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The more I think about about it, the more I think Hodge is gone purely because the NBA franchises can now sign players to 10 day contracts.

10 day contract can be worth over $35,000. There has been a breach of contract in payment defaults, and he's taken this opportunity to get out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hodge's agent has found him a 10 day contract, or at least a few teams interested .

Reply #219600 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i don't think he is playing one way or another. As TR said making a public comment that he is unprofessional has really all but confirmed he is not coming back. its just sad it got to this point, off all the people to not pay he is the worst of all.

Reply #219602 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

anon we will see, but im sure im not dreaming

Reply #219603 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Someone mentioned to me that they heard ABC radio, on their way to the dome,and thought it was Paul Bauer.
Hodge was paid, today. But, was not contactable , at all today.
(Tigers, I would have thought unlikely, but just was being mentioned, there.)

Reply #219604 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sounds like we've seen the last of him IMO. Ninnis is clearly fuming and when the coach is quoted in the paper questioning your conduct and making reference to letting down team mates things don't look good. Obviously some pretty pissed of team mates, there's a lot of healing that needs to be done if he's to remain.

If he goes to the Tiges how will this compare to the Bradtke fiasco?

Reply #219605 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

That is a very cruel comment Thomo! Some terrible memories have come back to me!

Reply #219606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry guys. I don't buy this not paid/have been paid story. Surely, Hodge was paid an amount prior to playing on signing and would have been paid last month? That money had to go into an account somewhere? Can't imagine a reason why Hodge would suddenly change bank accounts causing this month's payment disruption?

Reply #219607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Al Green said there were only 230?? at his camp.

How do you account for the other 1000 increase Anon??

Reply #219608 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Boti should have spoken to Hodge first before quoting "Mal's" completeley one sided version of events. This article will do absolutely nothing to bring any sort of reconciliation..... by printing this I wouldnt be surprised if he is never seen of again.... and I dont blame him.....

Reply #219609 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

About 200 tickets for kids an about 400 for their parents. So even without them, the crowd would still have been over 5500.

Reply #219610 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Mals growing alot of haters is all i no

Reply #219611 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Don't believe the PR spin by the sixers - if he has left us, it is because he has lost confidence in the front office by the sounds of things.

I have rerated Sixers Management to EPIC FAIL now.

Reply #219612 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Amazing how people can assume so many things when they know nothing at this time!

Reply #219613 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Taken from wikipedia..

On December 30, 2008, Hodge won his second NBL Player of the Week award of the season for round 15, after having scored 31 points (whilst shooting 13 of 19 from the field at a 68% clip) and pulling 8 rebounds to lead the '36ers in a crucial road victory over the Melbourne Tigers.[13] On January 7, 2008, Hodge sat out of the '36ers home game against the Wollongong Hawks due to a pay dispute.

Reply #219615 | Report this post

Duke  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24885805-5006371,00.html

A pay dispute with the club which became public has not only been settled, but the charismatic American fan favourite also has now received advanced payments.

Reply #219616 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

its easy to assume. Try it its fun and builds a thread up. I await the next rating of management with bated breath.

Reply #219617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wikiepedia can be edited by anybody anyone who takes wiki as the total truth does at their peril.

wait for the dust to settle there is more to this than it appears and as Boti is known not to have love of Sixer admin the article as it appears would appear that he has been given more facts that he has printed.

the truth will come out I agree if he was paid before by the club, he has been paid prior to arriving a sign up fee etc. why suddenly change bank accounts? gave himself an out clause if Melbourne pick him up I have totally lost faith in the cause of basketball in Australia.

Reply #219618 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

On a lighter note, Boti's article on Adelaidenow says it was put up January 08, 2009 12:30am.....Is he in NZ writing this???

Do you know what the Powerball numbers for tomorrow night are Boti.....?

Reply #219619 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think it is unfair to completely blame management. There was obviously a pay dispute but this was definitely settled today and Hodge himself said he was going to play, he then became uncontactable and just didn't show up.

Reply #219620 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How could the NBL approve Hodge signing with the Tigers when he is contracted to Adelaide, unless Adelaide surrendered him which I think is highly unlikely. If there is the argument of breach of contract, from the stories going around, the only breach was being paid 4 days late. The further delays to his pay has been an error on Hodge's part not providing the correct details and a lack of staff at the 36ers Admin which is not unreasonable given the time of year. If the bank details were correct to start off with, then the only problem was a delay of 4 days. Just how much of a team player is Hodge anyway when its been confirmed that he had been paid before tonight's game and still doesn't show for it.

One other point and please anyone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it on Hodge's recommendation that Tyndale be hired by the 36ers as he is a friend of his and confirmed that he was a good player. Tyndale ended up costing the club money to release him. I wonder why now the piggy bank is a little empty when it comes to Hodge's pay if indeed the problem is a financial one.

Reply #219621 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

he ws told not to play by his manager not just not showing up...

Reply #219622 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Are you sure about that Kobe? Your source is?

Reply #219623 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So he got his back pay and an advance, today.
Too late ?
Wonder where he's gone.

Reply #219624 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Easy...... NBA 10 day contracts..

Reply #219625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, whats your word of whats going on??

Reply #219626 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Yes Isaac, what is your info?

Reply #219627 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Bizzy have faith, inside source

Reply #219628 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Hodge has been kidnapped by the Melbourne tigers?

Reply #219629 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

On another note - I hope that Hodge is OK and is not uncontactable because he was in an accident or something else ...... Touch wood all is ok.

Reply #219630 | Report this post

meeh  
Years ago

Humpa, if any team were going to kidnap him it would be the Hawks tonight.

Reply #219631 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

3 days ago in the NY Post......

Harris' condition, which led to Dooling's fourth start as a Net last night, is not believed serious. He's day-to-day for Sacramento tomorrow at home. The Nets are 0-4 when Harris doesn't play.

"He was 50-50 to play tonight. It depends on how he reacts the next couple days if he's going to be out any longer," Thorn said.

Usual names, like Jannero Pargo, Eddie Gill Eddie Gill and Julius Hodge, will surface, but the Nets have just under $1.9 million of their mid-level left.

Reply #219632 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Would seem likely, TR

Reply #219633 | Report this post

Ben fitz  
Years ago

Kobe you must have a good source seeing as though no one on the team or management could contact him and he did not contact anyone at the club. People even tried where he is staying without success.

Reply #219634 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Interesting Kobe.

Reply #219635 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

News Flash

After considering what payment Hodge received today, Hodge did suit up tonight, but as Murray Magpie, as Hodge thought this position best reflected money received. In response to why he did not answer his mobile, Hodge states - hey man, you try and answer the phone using wings.

JOKES!!!!!!! :-)

Reply #219637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just remember, all this time his family has been in the US of A.
He has been away from his family for a long time

Reply #219638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he is just homesick?

Reply #219639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who did he have Xmas lunch with?

Reply #219641 | Report this post

trillion club  
Years ago

This is a long post, but I hope it worth the read :)

I agree with TR. I'm pretty confident he would be heading back to the States to try secure a ten day contract, probably with New Jersey. Here's why:

If the money had been paid and even amounts in advance, there is no real reason Julius would choose not to play tonight. It is a nationally televised game with a packed crowd, exactly the type he loves. He's playing against a team which plays a high octane offense and would be a perfect opportunity to drop some big numbers.

Devin Harris, the starting point guard for New Jersey strained his hamstring on January 5 against Sacramento and injury reports on ESPN say that it is only worsening. He will be out at least two weeks.

Kiki Vandeweghe (New Jersey GM), said that they may have to be on the lookout for a third PG now that Harris is out.

"Vandeweghe confirmed Friday that there is a sudden, extraordinary shortage of backup point guards available -- which is not good for his team, because the Nets are in the market.
"A lot of people are looking for a third point guard -- look around the league, and it's always an important spot, and a tough one to fill," he said. "But point guards are at a premium every single year."
The Nets have thought about adding a third point all season, but the need becomes especially urgent when Keyon Dooling misses a game -- which was the case against Chicago Monday and at Detroit Wednesday."
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/nba_takes_no_action_on_new_jer.html

Hodge makes his first blog entry in about three weeks on hoopshype.com, saying his jumpshot is now working and credits Kiki Vandeweghe for improving it lol. He goes on to talk about his 9/9 shooting performance in the first half against the Tigers and how his shot was working. I was at that game, and he didn't take a jumsphot until the last quarter. Really sounds like he wants someone out there to know he has improved his jumsphot& He actually says that he feel comfortable and confident pulling up from anywhere and knocks down jumpers all day long!

Read it at
http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/hodge/2009/01/06/young-julius-is-back/#comments

I know it's not 100%, but put all the pieces together. Doesn't play tonight, ten day contracts are now available in the NBA, the team he trialed with as a PG is now down their starter and their backup PG (Dooling) is also under an injury cloud. Then Vandeweghe publicly states they are in the hunt for a PG. Julius specifically mentions Vandeweghe in his blog, making it clear he is in good form (writes about his POTW performance and also his sudden ability to shoot) and he is sighted at the airport. This pay dispute is just an excuse to get out of the 36ers contract and on to bigger and better things. The comments from Ninnis and Hemmerling all but confirm he is gone.

(Mod: Worth a ball if only because it puts together some interesting conspiracy pieces.)

Reply #219644 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Jules of Harlem posted a blog today - read here...

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/hodge/2009/01/06/young-julius-is-back/#comments

He comments on the ability to make the 15 hour flight back to the states immediately!

Reply #219647 | Report this post

Years ago

He got his money and then didn't turn up. Shit happens and it was sorted with people bending over backwards to rectify the situation. He's done and quite frankly was a bullshit artist. Hardest worker my arse. You simply can't do that to your teamates and expect everybody to turn a blind eye. Goodbye and good luck with the rest of your career Mr. Hodge.

Reply #219648 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

I am guessing with no pay in the bank and no family around, it must have been a miserable, lonely Xmas for Hodge.

Reply #219649 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Add to your post trillion, Melo is now out for 3 weeks with a wrist injury. Leaves Denver very thin at the SF position. Remember that Denver drafted Hodge.

Reply #219650 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

when the hell did Hodge get into cricket.

yeah i think we can conclude that he's on his way back to the US on a 10-day contract.

Bobby Jones is still a good import.

Reply #219651 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

And remeber, Hodge has never made a secret of the fact that he is doing all that he can to do to get back to the NBA - hell, what would most posters on this site sacrifice to play in the NBA?

Reply #219652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hung around after the game to catch the info from Ben, Skip, Bizzy, etc. There are details, but the base info is roughly as has been posted. Paid, and in advance, didn't show. There was the earlier waylaid payment but I don't believe that it warrants quite this response from Hodge.

Clients are often late to pay me, but I trust that they'll get around to it, and keep working. I would be more inclined to trust a client in that situation were it to happen over the xmas/NYE break or if there'd been a change in bank details (e.g., now paying to an agent rather than a player) and especially if international accounts were ever involved (not sure if that's the case here).

It could be telling that we're hearing nothing about pay problems with the rest of the team. Yes, they've bungled some stuff in past years, and maybe payments aren't always on time, but if there was a significant problem, it doesn't appear to have stopped the rest of the team playing.

Loved the big crowd tonight (600ish freebies still leaves a very, very solid crowd - massive line-ups just before tip-off!) and enjoyed seeing the 36ers get the win with some awesome work from Schenscher and Ballinger and some vintage Maher.

Give Grizzard a call, or otherwise Darren Ng is in town. May need to consider the number of games to qualify for the finals - I think it's 7 or 8. We have 8 left, I think.

Reply #219654 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

He didn't seem to be missing his family too badly the other week when I saw him at Marion with a rather attractive young lady.

But hey, maybe they were just friends, lol.

Reply #219655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone leave a bad post on his blog, that way people will atleast know he screwed us over.

Reply #219656 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

RMM,

I think his blog does put the pieces all together. My can't he be a man and say that is what he was doing? That way us fans would be able to accept his decision a bit more.

My intial thoughts we that the Sixers management had shafted him, but hopefully we will find out more in the morning.

Reply #219657 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

And the Advertiser always tells both sides of the story without any bias .......................

Reply #219660 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I've sent the club an email demanding an explanation.

I've requested they place a statement on the 36ers web site

I trust Boti will keep us informed.

Reply #219662 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

well all the pieces seem to point the NBA way, but does he simply not just have to exercise his nba out clause? or maybe he has/will via agent and we are all just a little behind on the info.

He would need his mobile off if he was flying back to the USA maybe that is why no one could contact him? One thing is for sure if he gets cut again i don't like the odds of him ever coming back after all the comments made by admin, and staff etc.

Reply #219664 | Report this post

hood 75  
Years ago

mmmm smoke and mirrors maybe,did he get told by the coach he wasnt playing because of missing another training on the advice of his manager,the plot thickens.after all his money only went through this morning,thought it was solved earlier than that.

Reply #219666 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

I may get an answer soon....I updated my Facebook status to ask anyone if they have seen Julius Hodge.

Hopefully one of my five friends will know the answer! hehehe

Reply #219669 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

Just a reminder - Harris got injured on Jan 5th

Hodge was apparently supposed to be paid on December 15th

You can't tell me Hodge and or his agent cooked this 'pay dispute scheme' to return to the NBA back in December?

Maybe if we didn't piss Hodge off in december, maybe he wouldn't be so quick to leave us?

I can't see that whole, true story ever coming out.

Reply #219670 | Report this post

Basket69  
Years ago

If no one knows where Hodge is, has anyone considered that whoever shot him last time might have come to OZ to finish the job ?

Reply #219672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive heard the hodge did a runner, took all his money and left, and hasnt been reachable since.

not looking good. nothing so far on sports tonight aswell.

Reply #219674 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Crowd was 6300, been a while since then, probably 2000 there to see "NO HODGE" unbelievable event is all i can say, the team played great without him against a weaker opponent. An explanation from the team tomorrow is expected.

Reply #219675 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Before Christmas Hodge said his family was coming to Adelaide but a few days after Christmas. The attractive young lady may have been his wife. If he has been paid in advance and now has done a runner, I would hope he would have the decency to repay any overpayment made to him, especially because the late payment has been such a huge deal.

Reply #219677 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

Was his wife white?

Reply #219678 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

Thank you very much. My first ball! It is amazing what a couple of Pale Ale's can do to the mind.

Just to keep you updated, a fellow team mate of mine said he is suiting up for my team at Golden Grove tomorrow night. Apparently we pay on time!

Reply #219680 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

if he has skipped i'm sure via his agent he would pay that cash back, he does not want to go to court etc. Sports Tonight had nothing even on the game. I think its clear he has gone home, could not be contact as he was on the plane and hoped all this would get worked out better than it has. Shame we just did not pay him on time like all the other players.

Reply #219681 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

joshuapending, It doesn't look like he wants to go to a "court" of any kind.

In that blog he is doing nothing but blatantly advertising himself to NBA teams.

He has always been completely honest about his NBA aspirations so you can't blame him for leaving but this is a sad, sad way to do it.

Reply #219685 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

i just wish he had said something, hopefully there is something tomorrow.

Reply #219686 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

It appears that Hodge is very much a "money" orientated person. The first problem with Hodge was signing him to a deal. The problem was how much money we would pay him. Last season, I heard from an extremely reliable source that Hodge was getting words from an opposition team during an away match for the Sixers. Hodge turned around and said something along the lines of "Ever made a million dollars for doin what you do mother f*cker?" Again, the money orientation comes to the surface. Now, we hear of a pay dispute between Hodge and the Sixers.

This last pay dispute I'm sure would have pissed him off majorly, tipping him over the edge. After reading that he has apparently been tried to be contacted at his place in Adelaide without success, it wouldn't surprise me if he was on a plane to the states.

Furthermore, what happened if the supposed payment went through? Perhaps Hodge did infact agree to the advanced payment scheme but today was informed of an NBA gig during the day by his agent. Of course, Hodge is going to jump at it. It is then up to his agent to inform the club that he is leaving, and not Julius himself. Is that is the case, it may be a communication error between Hodge's agent and the Sixers, as I believe that Hodge's agent is in the states, and that the time difference would make it difficult for Hodge's agent to contact the club.

Reply #219687 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

joshua if he is on his way back to the states to pursue and NBA opportunity, being paid on time would have made no difference. I would have thought everyone could see through this guy and know he is only about money when he asked for $800K to play in the NBL. If he had done his homework correctly, he would know that the whole salary cap is around that much and can't possibly have it all himself unless he played a one player sport.

Reply #219690 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Regardless, if they paid Hodge finally and then paid him in advanced the fact is Mal missed the initial payments by 4 days and then that wasn't even paid. For those that have a decent job would you like to work at Mcdonalds for $5 an hour and then have them pay you late? Then you find out you have a chance to go back to your dream. Do you take the dodgy paying job which isn't on time or do you go for your dream?

Did Hodge have an NBA out clause? or was his contract made void due to late paying owners?

I can understand people being disappointed in Hodge but I can't understand people supporting Mal whole heartily considering he was late with the initial payments to our star player. There is no excuse for that.

I'm sure we will find out more soon

Reply #219694 | Report this post

me hate hill  
Years ago

Hodge doesnt care about the 36ers one little bit. his only playing to look good and make it back to the NBA.

look at what he said in his latest blog

Hodge "When I first came here, we were in the last place and now we are one or two wins away from being in third place. So I think I've been very valuable to the team."

36ers in last place WTF u liar

Reply #219696 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, he's not working at McDonalds, he's been earning well enough. And I don't think there's been any doubt that he wouldn't get paid, just that there were complications that meant payments were late.

Reply #219699 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

You guys are so angry & without any facts.

I'm going to bed now. : )

Reply #219704 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Dont worry people i think i found a web cam feed of the JFK airport. Ill stay up all night if i have to and see if he there.

Reply #219707 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac the analogy was to show that he has sacrificed lots of money to be here and then not even getting paid on time.

Reply #219712 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

KJ, 4 days late is not a huge problem if there wasn't further delays due to incorrect banking information. Surely its the payee's responsibility to get those details right. In any case, what further emphasises that the 4 days late was not a huge issue is that he played 3 more games quite successfully after the 19th December. The problem has only come to a head tonight when he didn't suit up for the Wollongong game even though he had already been paid at that point. I am not an insider with the facts on what has happened, but from all the available information going around, I lay more blame on Hodge rather than the 36ers. For heaven's sake, since he arrived he has been playing around with the fans with his antics to lift the excitement level up. You would think that that sort of behaviour would come from someone who is passionate about what he is doing and passionate about his team and fans. Yet he can just simply choose not to show up for a game which was so critical to his team in terms of what happens beyond the regular season. What comes to my mind is Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde.

Reply #219715 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...what comes to MY mind is Cuba Gooding jr. in 'Jerry Maguire'.

Reply #219718 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, how has he sacrificed lots of money? He didn't get an NBA job, didn't want to go to Europe, so came here for a very healthy wage. There were some delays, but they strangely appear to have only impacted one player out of the team and right now it appears that he's got money for games to come he probably won't play. Perhaps there were delays that could've been easily avoided and perhaps the admin deserve some heat for that (not sure personally), but I think Hodge has overreacted here. Didn't even contact the coach or team mates to say "Having some pay trouble with the club. Just wanted to let you all know that I will be sitting this one out. Good luck for the game."

Reply #219719 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

My word (that I got tonight), is that none of you are close, but stay up & keep bringing it.

Looking forward to hearing from you during working hours on hoopSA 8th Jan.

Reply #219723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah because DDFan is so tight with the people in the 36ers organisation that he would have the facts that no one else has.

Piss off DDFan no one is interested in what you have to say chump!

Reply #219724 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

OK Anonymous, this is as good a time as any for you to prove a point of your worth & my insignificance.

PUT YOUR WORD ON WHICH SIDE OF THE ARGUMENTS IN THIS THREAD IS RIGHT. No turning back.

Hell, I'll even make it easy for you. Just pick a number from 1 -3.

1 .. Is the 36er management to blame?
2 .. Is Jules' manager to blame?
3 .. Is Jules to blame?

Reply #219726 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

bam.. 2

Reply #219727 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

DDFan, you missed 4 .. all of the above.

It's obviously a pretty complicated situation that's not as black and white as you make it sound. Obviously the agent hasn't really been working for a solution that benefits both parties but Jules is a grown man and has the free will to choose whether he does what his agent recommends.

Reply #219728 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

billo, I'm with you on 4, all of the above.
I would like to also point out that I've not been black or white in this thread.
Fact still remains, the reason for Jules not playing hasn't come to light from this thread.

Reply #219730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a disgrace of a man.

He not only was paid today but was paid in advance!

What he or his agent doesnt realise is that if he is intending to play anywehre else proefessionally, that all media articles come up in searches and pity help him if a prospective team does a referecne check with the Sixers.

He has probably been working his arse off earlier with NBA teams for a roster spot and when he didnt get it, he has come out here for a well paid holiday.

Has showed total disrespect for team mates.

Sack him and sue him to get $ back.

Reply #219731 | Report this post

DoDaBonk  
Years ago

Does anyone remember when we had the pay disputes with Willie Farley?
And wasn't part of that dispute about whether his contract sum was exclusive or inclusive of his agent's fee?
And wasn't Willie as good as Julius about promoting himself as the team Messiah and getting himself on the news etc? Where's Willie now? Maybe Julius will be following in his footsteps and fading away into oblivion.
I just cant beleive the stories.
Surely the 6ers should have paid on time, but 4 days around Christmas..... surely thats no big deal.
Where are the receipts? That sorts out who's telling the truth, then you know who can be trusted.
If there's no trust, or faith, there's no goodwill, and we all know, a happy employee is the best asset a business can have.
After all this crap, I dont see how either party can trust the other, or work together.
Pity, the crowds showed promise for the finals.

PS. Scotty, you should never ever enter an argument between your employer, and your star player. Leave admin to the club admin, andjust focus on motivating your team to stay on track.

Reply #219732 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

I blame the whole thing on the fact that voldermort isn't the coach anymore...

Reply #219742 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/tdzou
for audio about hodge by Maher and Scout.

Reply #219777 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd vote a bit of all three as well. None entirely blameless, but I think walking away having been now paid could be the most questionable action.

TR, can't see him having a shot at the Nuggets. George Karl is not a fan of Hodge:

This (Hodge complaining about minutes in his first D-League game) provoked a retort by Nuggets coach George Karl that ran today in that same publication. "The Nuggets' Julius Hodge, not happy with his assignment to the Colorado 14ers of the NBADL, made Karl unhappy by complaining about it after his debut. 'He's already got a bad attitude,' Karl said. 'Complaining and being labeled to have a bad attitude, I don't think he understands it. General managers read that and just go, 'Wow.'"
Source

Reply #219787 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Gee there are a few people who have posted on here towards the start of the thread that would need to eat their words now after the link provided by Jc above.

Reply #219802 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Seems to me like Hodge and his manager are trying to get out of the Sixer's contract to get back to the D-League. Wouldn't be at all suprised if they'd handed over incorrect transfer details for Hodge's New York based account, as Mal has said.

The Sixers even made him a local account, transferred his payments owed to it and included an advance on last night's game...and he still doesn't show.

Suit Griz immediately and let's get on with this.

Reply #219810 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ actually, replace D-League wtih New Jersey / Melbourne Tigers. More likely NBA though.

Reply #219815 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

The thing that I'm most disappointed with in this whole saga is until now, as far as I can tell, no-one on the forum has ventured the theory that Mr Hodge has indeed drank the poison.

Shame on us all.

Reply #219830 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

dont blame hodge or management - spadge and booga have united - hodge is their franchise player -

Reply #219869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok, I'll play the devil's advocate - was his pay actually in the bank on 8 Jan. We are getting told he was paid, but who's telling us that?? With incorrect bank details it definitely doesn't take 3 weeks to sort out. The funds get returned within a couple of days nationally and internationally within a week and this shows on your statement. Surely a professional?? organisation would check and action immediately any returned funds!!

Reply #219918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry, I meant 7 Jan (my covers slipped you now know I'm part of the admin)

Reply #219927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754