Corey
Years ago

The official "Play on Brett Maher" thread

IMO Brett Maher still has so much to offer the 36ers and the NBL for that matter (pending injuries and the way his body is feeling of course)

Was well held tonight for the 1st half and experience shone through in the 3rd qtr hitting 14 crucial points to give the momentum back to us. As always, we can rely on Brett and his clutch shots he continues to make for the team in crucial times of the game.

Having almost completed his book "Mahervellous", every part of Brett's game tonight reflected what I have read in that book, Maher is an absolute champion and for these reasons I hope and wish he changes his mind to play on next year.

The game of NBL basketball at DHD in Adelaide will be so different when Brett Maher retires.

I lift my hat to you Brett, you are THE MAN!

Topic #18615 | Report this topic

NINO  
Years ago

BINGO! With all that has gone on this season, Brett deserves a much better send off than all this! His second half tonight was brilliant.

Reply #219547 | Report this post

J-Rich  
Years ago

Agreed, but I don't think he'll get paid !

Reply #219548 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

nice swipe, unlike Hodge, Maher has shit loads more in Adelaide and the nbl for that matter...

the guy is all class in so many area's it's not funny.
Hodge is a pro and has different morals.

Reply #219554 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

its a maher thread lets not hijack it

would love maher to play on as a 6th man, but i think in his mind this is it, and if this is the time that a he wants to go out, then let him. that shows true professionalism and also shows just how much of a champion and Nice Guy he truely is..

since 1992 i have watched in AWE of THE MAN.

would have loved to have seen Maher and Pearce play together in there prime Man that would have been awesome

Keep The Highlight Reels coming brett let this new generation of fans see you finish on high...

Reply #219569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is going to finish how he started, with us in awe of his brilliance and absolute class.

I struggle to see Adelaide without him, when we need him, he's right there scoring and being the leader. He is an icon of the 36ers and South Australia basketball and sport.

We all hope Maher could play on, but it's unlikely. Everything has to end one time or another.

Reply #219574 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Absolute legend and had a huge influence on the game tonight in the second half. Clutch performer, brilliant offensively and underrated defensively. Also shows great sportsmanship and is a nice guy to boot. Wish he could keep going forever

Reply #219582 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Yes Anon 219574 I agree with you everyone must have an end at some stage, but his execution of his game still puts him in the top 20% of players in this league, maybe better and understandably he would like to go out on a high, but if you are still performing so well on the court, why give it away? (Unless of course as mentioned in my initial post, that his body is not up to it....???)

Reply #219588 | Report this post

starscream3030  
Years ago

even though he still has heaps to give us i'd (hate to say it) rather see him finish this year while still playing well rather than play too long an be a shadow of his normal brilliance. If Mal pays Hodge then hopefully we can get Maher a title to really let him finish being the absolute champion he is. Maher is the 36ers so it kinda makes sense the league revamps after Maher retires cos the 6ers will never be the same again (maybe a lil too dramatic lol)

Reply #219599 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

It would be awesome to see this legend play on forever, but sadly I think this is definitely his final season. He wants to finish on a high and do it on his own terms.

I'd hate to see him play on longer looking like a shadow of his former self which some athletes do.

Brett Maher is a legend and icon of South Australia in all aspects of this state. He is pure class and total gentleman.

The club will be lost without him for a while and it won't be the same for a while.

Reply #219643 | Report this post

Bretts the man  
Years ago

Brett is the man and heart and soul and saviour of our club. I would hate to see him go too long but also dread what will happen to our team without him.
If his body is up to it he should be encouraged to continue. How good was he tonight in 2nd half and he still shows younger plyrs how to carry the ball and defend. Brett is what team sport is about ,playing for team with no ego and rising to the occasion when team under pressure. Pity some imports didnt have a look around them.

Reply #219659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754