Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs Taipans, Jan 9

The Perth Wildcats tonight host Adelaide's Saturday night opponents, the Cairns Taipans. Paul Rogers is expected to make his return for Perth.

The line at Centrebet is -14. Do the Taipans have much of a chance down imports, probably a back-up guard and on the road, or are the Cats going to be too strong and too deep?

Topic #18657 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Rogers may be a little shaky to start due to the absence, but I reckon the perth pussy cats will knock the tie pins around enough physically to get a win and wear them down for us Sat night.

Once the Cats have control of the game, will the white flag go up and the Cat be benched to save him for Saturday?

Reply #220463 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I think the Cats are going to be too strong in this game, especially over there.
But I'm looking forward to seeing the Taipan's put up a strong showing and hopefully keep this game close for the majority of it.

I would still be tipping the Cats by 8+
but an upset could happen....

Reply #220464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im on taipans plus ll at $31...always happening mark my words

Reply #220479 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Taipans up 66-59 with 6 mins to go, huge upset coming up?

Reply #220515 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

77-76, Taipans up with 50secs to go.

Reply #220519 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Looks like the Taipans have going to win, up by 3 with 10 secs to go!

Reply #220522 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Well done Taipans, great win against all odds!

Reply #220524 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Great news for the sixers. Finally a result has gone our way

Reply #220525 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Taipans played newbie Williams for around 25 minutes, Brebner for 15, Smith for 17. And still won in Perth. Great effort. Henry must be absolutely fuming.

Reply #220529 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

does this mean that if we beat cairns, we could possibly move to fifth or fourth?

Reply #220530 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Spell check, sorry.

Reply #220531 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

If Blaze beat Crocs tommorrow night, yes-fifth.

Reply #220533 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

Cheers A, what if Melbourne beat Perth, would percentage take us up to fourth? (if blaze beat crocs)

Reply #220537 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Depends on points percentage, right? They're currently on 101. We're on 100.8. Might need to beat Cairns by a certain margin to push past?

Reply #220539 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Hey Anon #220479, did you end up putting any money on the taipans?

Reply #220544 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

If we win by 10+ and score around 100 and the Tigers win, we will be fourth. Did not think Mee was playing, always spells trouble for the 36ers.

Reply #220547 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Darnell Hinson - 1/13 FG's. At some point you've gotta stop shooting!

Shane McDonald had a poor debut as well and it looks like Rogers is just being eased into things.

This game appears a repeat of the Taipans-Tigers game a few weeks ago. Both teams shot at 35-37%.

Looking at that depleted Cairns team makes my mouth water for tomorrow night...

Reply #220550 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Posted by XztatiK yesterday
"Looking at that depleted Cairns team makes my mouth water for tomorrow night..."

They just beat the Cats in Perth, I'd guess they'd be feeling good. Sport being a confidence thing, I don't understand why you'd be salivating. We beat a depleted & on paper lesser team, at home.

I'd love to have your confidence.

Reply #220593 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

From Perth's FG% and Coach Henry's reaction I think this game was more a case of them playing like a bunch of SoJ's rather than Cairns playing well.

Here's their lineup for tonight:

Crosswhite
Cattalini
Boodnikoff
Grabau
Mee

Smith
Vale
Brebner
Williams
(maybe) Cook

Confident yet?

Then add the fact that they've just crossed an entire continent today to get here and the 6ers are out to prove something without Judas.

I'm verrry confident.

Reply #220616 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I am now. ; )

Reply #220711 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol actually now I'm 50/50.

Reply #220723 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754