Isaac
Years ago

NH - Forum changes

Just a quick message to let you know that I've added query caching to a few of the queries that building the forum pages (the index, recent posts, reply leaderboard, etc).

What this means is that the number or lists won't update as soon as you've made the post. The main index isn't delayed too much, but the reply leaderboard is now updated around once an hour rather than in real-time.

So, if you post a topic and it doesn't appear straight away, don't post again assuming that something went wrong. Give it a couple of minutes at least.

Thanks.

Topic #1868 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does that achieve? One of the good things was the real-time aspect of this caboodle.

Reply #21174 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stops it having to query a database of tens of thousands of rows every single time people hit the site.

The delay on the category navigation, last 7 days/total counts and reply leaderboard is an hour.

The delay on the Index and Recent Posts is a single minute.

Reply #21178 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

any chance of having a chat room set up in the future might even get rid of the crap postings on here what do u think?

Reply #21346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably not. Chat rooms aren't threaded and wouldn't really work in this situation.

Which specific "crap postings" are you referring to? If there are threads that can be moved, let me know. There is a School category that is isolated and was in full-swing last year, but I haven't had to use it during the school holidays.

Reply #21351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754