Anonymous
Years ago

National Anthem before 36ers games

Can anyone please advise on how one can get to sing the national anthem before the Sixers games?

Topic #18688 | Report this topic

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Contact the club to arrange a try out

8444 6444

Reply #220981 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Mate, do it any time you like, I do.
AUSTRALIAN ALL LET US REJOICE, FOR WE ARE YOUNG & FREE ............
In fact, I sing it in row DD Northern stand at every home game, with only the help of 1 other person & they have a microphone.
The words are lit up on the Western LED stats board & Australian Idol's hyped for more entrants. James Spargo got singled out in the crowd recently for his contribution, it could be you next year. Although Wes won it for us, his hit's been around for a while & still doing well, I heard on the radio this morning that some interstaters are joking that the gloss is fading & regrettably he's now a used Carr.
C'mon Adelaide, let's all get involved.

Reply #220993 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

You obviously know the words well enough DDFan or you are bullshitting us all (again) I dont think the words have been up on the screen for a couple of season - at least season anyway.

Reply #221025 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That girl that did it on Saturday night did an amazing job I thought!

Reply #221026 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I know the words bluey, so I haven't had to fall back on the Western screen.
Do you know which end is West?

Reply #221064 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I'll take my compass next game just to make sure

Reply #221074 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Forget your compass, I'm a massively strong chick magnet, so you're bound to get a bad reading.
The west is where the Pud bust is, or the end where the general public enter the stadium through the turnstiles.

Australians all let us reSOJoyce
for we are young & free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil
Our home is GIRT (WTF) by sea

Those splendid lyrics don't make it on our state of the art LED panel? That cannot be right.

Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare
In history's page let every stage
Advance Australia Fair

Brings a tear to your eye.

Reply #221088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDfan just shut up for once

Reply #221100 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Google: Adam Hills Australian Anthem

Now there is a great version of Advance Australia Fair (and an explanation of the word 'girt' for those who require it).

Reply #221121 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

You didnt read my Post from last week?
Get Adam Hill doing Barnsey's Working Class Man over dubbed with AAF(you tube it)

Reply #221122 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Sorry, missed it - but I agree it would be great!

Reply #221128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought Peter Goers' attempt at it was quite amusing, though soundly booed at the time.

Reply #221140 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

Yeh i sing it loud also from North but AA, my wife always stares at me like im a loser... but i cane her good then tell her im a proud Aussie... GO 6ERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Yeh the young girl on sat night had a really good voice, for someone who is still finding her voice she nailed most notes quite well!

Reply #221165 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey Coady, I sing it quietly, I'm usually too puffed from screaming my shot lungs out during the player intros. I get enough out for nearby fans to either smile, or give the WTF. : )

Memory lane. Anyone remember Bob Francis getting booed for the American flag bandanna when singing the anthem (rode in on his chopper)?

Reply #221172 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754