Isaac
Years ago

Womens Preseason Revised Draw

Due to the withdrawal of Forestville Women the CLUB FINANCIAL ABA TOURNAMENT draw will be as displayed in the attachment any questions can be directed to Glenn Shaw @ 8522-0650 or posted here.

Revised draw » (Format: Word DOC)

Topic #1872 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

great to see Forestville going to Millicent and not supporting the local league. The things that clubs will do to make sure they get country players for their junior program.

Reply #21206 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Also see Norwood going. Does that mean they are not playing at Starplex as well?

Reply #21207 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

In the know,

Do you really think Forestville's ABA teams would take a 4 hour trip to the South East for a weekend, in the hope that in return, they might direct their juniors to play at Forestville? If so, it's not working - we've been attending the tournament for three years, and the only Millicent players at Forestville joined Forestville 4 years ago. It's quite possible that we send our teams to the tournament because it's a well-run high quality tournament.

Incidentally, this Winter season, there will most likely be as many Millicent juniors at two other local clubs as at Forestville. The coaches at Millicent run an excellent program, but are very open about the fact that they don't "direct" their players to any particular club, and nor should they. Players and parents will always make up their own minds about what is best for them, as they should.

In the know, this seems to be just another chapter in your ongoing campaign to criticise the Forestville junior program (see posts 8962, 14310, 17391, 17567, 17891, 18063), and it's wearing a bit thin. I have no idea what we've done to get your nose out of joint, but I think it's time to move on.

Reply #21208 | Report this post

Michael Sweeney  
Years ago

Forestville Women withdrew from the tournament at Starplex due to four of their junior players would not be available on Friday night due to junior finals and Under 20 State team committments as well as two or three other players are away as well and if Cherie Smith and Jenni Screen are not involved in WNBL finals they will be rested leaving very few players to pick from.

As for Forestville going to Millicent the Club has supported the tournament since being invited to the first one three years ago and will continue to do so. Also as Team Manager of the State Under 20 Men's team it is an ideal preparation for the team one week out from the Championships and I might also add it is excellent tournament.

Reply #21211 | Report this post

Glenn S  
Years ago

Forestville was forthcoming and honest about their withdrawal from the ABA Tournament. They are not supporting other carnivals and are disappointed that they are not involved with the tournament this year. Dean (Forestville HC) worked his butt of to try and convince his players that this would be a great event for them to get involved in and dispite his efforts his players had commitments elsewhere.

From what I have been told this is one of the first times that the league has looked at this type of venture and the support from the clubs and teams has been outstanding! Forestville is not in the tournament... at this time it isn't possible for them to feild a team for the weekend.

Please dont bag our own conference just because you dont understand the decisions. Its about time we started working together to improve the women's basketball in this state as a whole.

I know it will be hard for some to believe that the clubs are really working together on these issues but its true. Dont worry we'll take baby steps towards the improvments so you nay sayers can enjoy the ride. complaining all the way.

Reply #21214 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

This was not an attack on Forestville, as it has been taken. But more of a "Why not support the local carnival?"

I know that Centrals have gone to a lot of effort to set up this and Junior carnival the other weekend and this kind of initiative deserves the support of all clubs.

Reply #21285 | Report this post

FARVIEW  
Years ago

LMFAO!! If this is not an attack on a club............

"great to see Forestville going to Millicent and not supporting the local league. The things that clubs will do to make sure they get country players for their junior program.
In the Know, 04/02/05"

what was it??!! YOUR words need no explanation as to their vindictive sarcasm as precisely written by you. Seems those who truly are in the know, have fully explained what seems to me, to be a long term & ongoing commitment in supporting the S.E. area.

Hope people realise that there are real lives to be lived, many family and work commitments, and just maybe your club, or many of its teams, one day may not support or attend a carnival (Norwood at Easter??) so I hope your expressed sentiments apply there too.

Why can't some of you negative soothsayers lay off of criticising ALL clubs and look at the good people do in trying to build the profile and quality of our game????

Reply #21298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754