DJ
Years ago

South Dragons TV - YouTube

Only just found this through YouTube.
http://au.youtube.com/southdragonstv

Any chance the Sixers could get something like this running, all games are well covered by cameras at the dome. Any budding Media Studies students or just volunteers that might be willing to chip in with some editing?

Hoops TV is great and there were some game recap clips that the Adelaide 36ers subscription put out, but the amount of content on the Dragons one is fantastic for the fans and league.

Topic #18720 | Report this topic

hayden  
Years ago

Everything that the South Dragons do is professional and competition leading! The rest of the league is way behind the South Dragons in terms of marketing, pregame, and during the game entertainment and interaction with supporters through many different sources of media such as the internet!

This is just another example of how the South Dragons are targeting the youth of Victoria and will soon be packing out Hisense!

Go Dragons and keep up the good work mark cowan!!

Reply #221429 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

"This is just another example of how the South Dragons are targeting the youth of Victoria and will soon be packing out Hisense!"

Hayden, it's more like another example of what "MONEY" can do when you have plenty to spare.

Good job of the Dragons actually using the money to promote rather than blow on salary caps.

Reply #221450 | Report this post

hayden  
Years ago

Well clearly you do not understand that this youtube site is not costing anything! I have set up the South Dragons Forum and kno the person who runs and adds the footage to the site! This is not costing a thing to put together!! All games are already taped and he justs edits the footage as a volunteer to the club! I disagree that we have money to spare but i do think that we have alot of people woh are determined to make this club work after sucessive failures with the second licence in Melbourne and i think that there has been alot of people who are willing to volunteer to the club to run such things!!

Reply #221476 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Good to hear that you're building a site for free; have found a hosting site that doesn't charge and have a mate that will edit and upload the videos for you for free.

I was getting confused with someone building a proper website whom contracted out to someone to build it for them, then paid a professional to edit their videos and publish them. I didn't realise you were doing a self-plug for your hard effort.

and also, as an IT Professional for the past 4 years, I do know that Youtube is free (if you use the base services and don't BUY a custom channel) and webhosting is free (provided you're happy using base services and don't want to pay for large amounts of server space and IP Hosting).

ANYWHO, It's nice to see clubs getting this sort of support from fans. Hopefully the site takes off and you'll trigger this sort of fan support in all other NBL teams. Would be a good thing leading into a relaunch of the league. Team specific forums = free publicity =D.

Reply #221548 | Report this post

hayden  
Years ago

The guy who edits the videos is the Mark Cowans son! and i didnt intentional try and give my self a free plug just showing that there are alot of people who are volunteerin there time to reach out to new supporters. Also i dont know if this is the best place to plug my site seeing this really is very sixers orientated but i do love this place for that because you get different opinions! Anyway clearly you know way!! more than me as i really dont have a clue when it comes to IT!

Reply #221559 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Dragons have some excellent branding going - really strong and consistent theme.

Adelaide have quality footage from all games, so it's likely just a matter of finding the best way to put it online and the people to do it (likely voluntary).

Incidentally, I have a dream of putting as much current and historical NBL footage online as possible for all fans to easily review and download. Looking for a certain moment in a game from 10 years ago, follow this link. Want to download last week's highlights, follow that link, etc. Mostly a matter of time and money I suspect.

Reply #221609 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754