Ben
Years ago

Fox Sports Problems

Whats with the not being able to show scores in the Melbourne and Sydney game?

Topic #18729 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Happens all to regularly with Fox, have trouble getting the scores up for the first few minutes alot. It's all good now though.

Reply #221589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

melbourne 74 sydney 63 3/4 time

Reply #221592 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Very unsportsmanlike act by Daniel Johnson at the end, that tool ran a pick and roll and helped himself to a layup with 1 second left (shotclock off) with his team almost 20 up. You just don't do that.

With Russ Hinder nearing his 30's the league may have found a replacement.

Reply #221641 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

X - What's wrong with the young bench guys running a couple of plays to see the game out, surely it can only be for the good of the leauge for these guys to get court time in blowouts and actually run some succesful plays?

Thought the pass was more important than the actually layup/finish. Should he not have passed it to a DJ cutting into space?

Wish more teams would run their young guys in the last couple of mintues in blowouts.

PS Will Hoare hang around, when he's getting screwed on minutes and with all the coming and goings instead of getting pushed up the bench/on court seems to be getting pushed further and further down the bench. Crazy for a guy who is so consistent and efficient on court.

Reply #221650 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah it's sort of an unwritten rule that if you kick someones arse that you don't rub salt into the wound.
Should just try jack 3's from just inside halfway

Reply #221690 | Report this post

Years ago

XztatiK and Mystro, I know it's supposed to be 'unsportsmanlike' and an 'unwritten rule' and such, but IMO that kind of stuff is a bit silly sometimes, especially at professional level. I really don't know why people always make such a fuss about it beyond juniors. If you're really that annoyed about teams running up the score against you, then play some defence or just play better all round. The other team shouldn't have to hold back just because you're not good enough. It's not Under 10s with the mercy rule. If I was a pro coach, I'd want my team playing at 150% capacity at all times, no matter what the score. If the other team can't keep up, then that's good, because you're obviously then playing good basketball. It might be an unpopular way to do things, but that's how I feel.

Reply #221702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754