Spinner
Years ago

Photos of Sixers on the NBL site

Not a huge deal, but I just wondered why any photo of a Sixer on the NBL site, is always in away strip?

Don't we ever play at home?!!

Topic #18738 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

go have a look at the NBL site now... There has been a photo of schench in home uni for like a week

Reply #221699 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

One of my many jobs is to do the picture galleries for the NBL site.

Pics can only be taken for the galleries from getty images.

Getty images very rarely go to Adelaide and cover a 36ers game.

Always do the Melbourne, South, NZ and Sydney games.

Occasisonly there will be a Perth game or Wollongong.

Same with Townsville & Gold Coast.

Cairns I don't think have ever had one gallery done from a home game.

The majority of teams might also have their own photographer, I'm guessing Adelaide don't.

Reply #221739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide have at least two photographers that cover every game and post on here soon after with a selection of shots.

Reply #221743 | Report this post

yvonne  
Years ago

Milbank Photography have been the official 36ers photographers for the past six years, and provides the NBL regularly with images (such as the Schenscher shot) to supplement those provided by the contracted photographers, Getty Images.

Reply #221746 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I would say Adelaide is the most covered in terms of photographers.
You have the official photographer Yvonne.
Damrob photography.
Then there is normally another 1 sometimes 2 floating around. Pressuming one of these is a free lancer somehow tied in with the Advertiser?

Reply #221750 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Suga,
The NBL need to go into the room of mirrors and have a good look at themselves.
If the NBL can only take photos from Getty then they need to consider sacking them. If Getty can't get to games at all stadiums, or establish a reliable network of photographers to feed them photos, then they are not delivering what many would consider to be an acceptable service.

Do the NBL actually pay money for Getty?

IMO, each game is covered by the home team's official photographers anyhow. Why not ask them to submit a selection of photos from the game to the NBL (ie yourself) who can then display the required pictures.

That way, we don't get those maligned photos from away games of photos from homes games.

Reply #221752 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think the NBL has bigger problems than images on their website. Hopefully they are more focused on those!

Reply #221797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754