SVD
Years ago

Mark Davis' Wiki Entry

Just checked out The Chairman's wiki entry.

It mentions his MVP award - his rebounding records - his championships but in the last sentence it highlights his greatest career achievement.

"A year after retiring, he came to Nuriootpa Primary School and gave out free tickets and calenders".

http://linky.com.au/i8aib

Topic #18743 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like some little kiddies have been having some fun with wiki.

Reply #221729 | Report this post

Rippedoff  
Years ago

Man, I got shafted.
I went to Nuriootpa Primary School in the 80's and was supposed to have MD come out, but instead they sent Dwayne Nelson.
He never handed out anything for free, and wouldn't even do a dunk for us. Must of been affraid of losing all his skin on our ashfelt courts or something.
These days he'd pull the whole ring down on top of him if he could still get up there, but I digress.

Reply #221742 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Lol, come to think of it, Davis did a dunk for us at a clinic held at Kidman Park Primary School, when I was a kid. It was pretty lame though, just popped it in reverse, on the 8-foot rings. He didn't really even jump.

Reply #221868 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I don't think Dwayne would get close.. you are probably lucky to be walking with your lower legs at right angles to your thighs not to mention running, jumping and dunking :-)

Reply #221869 | Report this post

Years ago

Little off topic but if anyone watched 'Americas Hardest Prisons' last night on Fox you would have seen Mark Davis. Obviously not really MD but spitting image, and when I say spitting image...it was freaky. Even talked like him and even walked like him. Scary and hilarious at the same time, couldn't stop watching it......

Reply #221873 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

We would have loved Dwayne Nelson at Paringa Park in the mid 80s. We got Bill Jones who wouldnt dunk for us either!

Reply #221918 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

We had MD @ Madison Park in the late 80's. I think Mike Mckay was with him as well. ah good times..

Reply #222513 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754