Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Crocs (spoilers)

This game is on Fox tonight I think so don't read on unless you want spoilers. (I can't resist watching the live scores and then the game later on.)

Fairly even first quarter with Townsville edging ahead 25-26, before the Breakers seem to have stifled the Crocs with a 24-9 second period.

The score almost half way through the third is 59-45. Penney, Rickert and Bruton in double-figures for the Breakers, and Williams for the Crocs.

Neither team is having much luck from outside. NZ are 4/17 and the Crocs are 2/16.

Topic #18746 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Come on NZ!!!

Reply #221753 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

has to be over now.. breakers up by 20+ at start of last

good for sixers

Reply #221758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers eased off in the end and won by 9. 28 from Penney to lead all scorers.

Reply #221760 | Report this post

Hood 85  
Years ago

Man the Crocs dont impress me at all! 6ers have to be HOT favourites all road history aside to clean up this weekend and lock up top 4 for now!

Reply #221783 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

They will impress you on Saturday night!

Reply #221802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gleeson from the Crocs is unhappy about a ref apparently high-fiving Kirk Penney during the game:

A FUMING Trevor Gleeson will seek clarification from the NBL today over an incident in the Crocs 96-85 loss to the Breakers last night in which a referee allegedly high-fived a New Zealand player.

The club will also raise questions over a number of contentious calls during the game.

Gleeson is unable to comment through the media on the calls, but a number of strange decisions went against the Crocs including a carried ball infringement against Kelvin Robertson _ a call rarely employed in the modern game.

"I'll be ringing the league office (today) for some clarification on some of the calls," he said.

"There was a situation where the referee high-fived Breakers player Kirk Penney which we're very confused about.

"I've spoken to (club chief executive) Ian (Smythe) and we'll be filing that up with the league office . . . I've never seen anything like it."
Full article

Sounds like a bit of a non-issue - weird rather than overtly questionable? Didn't see it, but can't imagine the ref sought him out to celebrate screwing over the Crocs - probably more like Kirk was high-fiving team-mates and the ref walked past, so Kirk initiated it as a laugh?

Imagine if this had happened at the Dome with a ref and a visiting player - fans would go nuts!

Reply #221819 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Agreed. At least the Dome referees have the common decency to high five oppossing team players in their own dressing room. If nothing else, there's way less chance of seeing cash change hands that way.

* there was no way I was going to resist * :p

Reply #221851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754