LA Boy
Years ago

Who would you trade for T-MAC

Reading an article today that Houston is sick of T-MAC and wants to remove him (probably next season due to his expiring contract). But who would you trade him to and get somewhat of equal value back?

I personally still regards him as a superstar and arguably one of the best SG "when playing" but he's also old comparing to others like Wade and Lebron therefore no teams will get him giving up their younger talents. But when you move into players around his class you see Kobe, Iverson etc who are playing better than him so it doesn't make sense for teams to trade them for T-MAC. And also keep in mind if a trade for T-MAC is to happen they'll probably want a SG in return...

So at the end of the day, any thoughts on possible tade candidates?

Topic #18753 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Luke Walton ...

Reply #221821 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Yi from Nets then Carter and Mac can reunite while Houston'll just try trade for Sun from Lakers then their team'll need to start learning Chinese!

Reply #221826 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Unfortunately the media this season has been reporting that T-Mac is looking 'old', 'slow' and 'ineffective', and yesterday on insidehoops.com there was a link to an article describing that Yao is frustrated with T-Mac, and suggestions were that he would endorse a trade.

The only way a team will take T-Mac is for his expiring contract at the end of the 09/10 season. Even so, he is up for around 21 million next season.

Seems his superstar days are rapidly fading.

Reply #221833 | Report this post

Opi  
Years ago

Trade value at an all time low. The rockets will not get a player of equal talent in return. The only reason they would trade him (if they do) would be to dump his salary/contract.

Reply #221838 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Stephon Marbury...another high paid has been!!!

Reply #221841 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Captain Crunch

Reply #221842 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Panther - actually Marbury still has some game left. His attitude and inability to make his team better has been his downfall. In NY's training camp he was playing pretty well, its just that Coach D'Antoni doesn't want the punk to be around his players and system.

Not a bad trade. Houston receive Marbury's expiring contract, and the Knicks receive broken T-Mac, who doesn't have to play physical defence, and gets to shoot alot. Then when T-Macs contract expires, the Knicks can wipe him off and still enter the LeBron sweepstakes in 2010.

T-Mac will sulk and pout because he isn't being offered an extension - so then the Knicks can send him home or buy him out.

Reply #221843 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

If you have a bad attitude not many teams if any will want you. Just look at Latrell Sprewell, or Darius Miles. The only reason Boston may take him because they have KG who is an absolute animal when it comes to getting the best out of his team mates.

Reply #221849 | Report this post

jackie moon  
Years ago

A washing machine....

Reply #221855 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Why would Houston want Marbury tho?
How about for RIP. He doesn't seem to be playing well with Iverson and Stuckey but would fit in well at Houston. Detroit could save T-Mac for the playoffs and after next year they get rid of about $40M (T-Mac and Iverson) in time to add Bosh and LeBron to Stuckey, Prince, Maxiell etc

Reply #221856 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I read somewhere Ginobili for T-Mac was a possibility.

Reply #221860 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Why does any team want Marbury?

EXPIRING CONTRACT

Reply #221865 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Yeah but T-Mac's contract expires the year after anyway. I think T-Mac would be great under D'Antonio but I still can't see why Houston would want Marbury even if he does expire a year earlier than T-Mac

btw curtley, the Spurs would be crazy to make that trade and I don't see them doing it unless it is solely a move to prepare for life after Duncan (and the ability to go for a Dirk or Bosh in 2010). Still I think it stinks for the Spurs (although they have been generous to Houston in the past with quality Argentines!)

Reply #221871 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

By the way with the RIP - McGrady trade I mentioned earlier Detroit would probably have to throw in a couple of pieces to make the numbers work (Kwame and Herriman?).

Tell my why both teams wouldn't make that deal:

Houston get rid of T-Mac and keep the rest of the team happy and get a quality scorer like RIP.

While Detroit could become genuine contenders for this year and next. Imagine this line up:

Stuckey, Iverson, T-Mac and Prince share the 144 minutes at the three small spots (36 mins each or a bit less and give a few mins to Bynum) and Maxiell, McDyess and Sheed (plus Prince at the 4 for a bit if need) fill the other two spots.

And if it fails they still have HEAPS of cap space in 2010!

Do it Joe!

Reply #221874 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

If i was detroit, and i was going to make a play for t-mac, i would be looking to shop iverson. Personally, i don't reckon AI would be willing to be sharing more minutes. But who would take him.

Reply #221875 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think T-Mac needs to be traded for some good young role players. They need to forget the 'superstar'. Yao is good enough (when on the court) to carry that title, and Artest is a better than good player. He's not elite, but he's up there. Battier is no scrub either.

Just messing around the trade checker (and yes some suck, but we are messing with a $20 mill contract).

T-Mac/Hayes/Dorsey for Tinsley(TJ Ford)/Murphy/Rush

T-Mac for Snow/Wally World

T-Mac/Dorsey for Jefferson/Jones/Alexander

T-Mac for Harrington/Q-Richardson

T-Mac for AK47/Harpring

Reply #221883 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol "a washing machine" good call.

Reply #221889 | Report this post

Trade him to NY so it saves my fantasy team!!!

Reply #221900 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I'd take T-Mac @ the Knicks especially if it gets rid of Marbury. However I don't see the Rockets wanting Marbury.

T-Mac's contract would expire and still allow us a crack @ Lebron. So its all good for me.

Reply #221910 | Report this post

Years ago

I bet the Rockets are wishing they kept Rudy Gay now, instead of trading him for Shane Battier. I know he was similar to T-Mac, but he'd easily be able to slot into his spot now, and they would be able to trade T-Mac for someone like Marbury (just for the expiring contract), and wouldn't have to worry about too much of a drop in the team's quality.

Reply #221916 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

TR may be onto something with T-mac heading to the cavs...

How about a 3 team trade?

Marion heads to Houston, T-Mac back to Toronto and Miami get O'neal?

How does a strating 5 of Ming, Marion, Artest Battier and Alston sound? Talk about guys that can guard multiple positions... Fark me.

Toronto may not bite however and would need some better parts, beside the fact that i think they would rather have Marion too..

T-mac to the spurs... For the rookie PG Hill? Parker is still so young, spurs can get a replacement for Hills 10min per...Hill could really flourish and provide Houston an upgrade at the point. The salary issue is huge so i'm not sure if the spurs have player contracts that can make it work...

Reply #222577 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

How bout this one- T-mac for Hinrich and Gordon from the Bulls?

Gordaon a possibility to bolt after one season, Hinrich perfect complement to the Rockets game.

Bulls get a star talent to cruise alonside Rose, Deng and their young frontcourt.

Reply #222649 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

It actually works better if you trade T-mac and Von Wafer to the Bulls for Hinrich and Huges.

Gives Houston a full backcourt and the bulls get a Rose, T-mac Deng Thomas Noah starting 5....

Both teams win here i reckon.

Gordon goes back to the bench... thats a win for the bulls right there...

Reply #222760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754