NBL d&*^heads and good blokes in public.

Dickhead list

Damian Keogh - was my childhood hero but completely ignored me when i tried to make small talk waiting at a pub.

Second hand - my friend went to oregon uni while crosswhite was there and said he was shocked when my mate didn't know who he was. He said something like, "you're Australian right? Yeh well i'm Ian Crosswhite.... I play basketball here"

Roland Roberts - told me i had no game when he drove past in his car and i was shooting around (completely untrue statement).

Good Blokes list

Simon Dwight, asked all sorts of questions when i asked him for an autograph in shopping centre,

Ditto Derek Rucker,

Ben Knight, bought me a drink when i correctly named all teams he'd played for (this involved him lining up for about 5 minutes),

Brett Wheeler, bought me a drink when i did the same, even though i forgot to mention perth until he said he'd played for one more than i'd mentioned.

Matty Nielsen, spoke to myself and a mate for about 10 minutes outside sydney olympic stadium.

Kevin Brooks, nice fella.

Topic #18760 | Report this topic

AD  
Years ago

Well if you say it it must be true. these topics are getting a little off topic IMO

Reply #221935 | Report this post

As annoying as it is, one of my mates (a big 36ers fan) was talking to Heal in a Melbourne pub a year or so ago and said he was a top bloke. Nowhere near as arrogant or as easy to hate as he is on court- in fact, the Big Tool even admitted he liked to act up because the league needs a villain and it makes it all a bit more interesting.

Reply #221944 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

met derek rucker after a brisbane game in a club once, was a nice bloke. interesting though half the bullets players including rucker were all smoking cigerettes!!! found that weird.

met carlos powell and he was a top bloke, talked to me and a friend for a few minutes.

wheels is a great guy, beat him and brett maher in a 2 on 2 at a ring set up in the investigator science centre in the mid 90's. maher guarded me and I lit his ass up!! (we won true story, think they may have let us have that one though, doubt they would actually lose to a 5'3 and a 5'8 pair of 15 year olds.)

Reply #222004 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

I always suspected that Heal got off on being the villan and played the role (i will never forget him running the length of the Powerhouse after a 3 giving the one-fingered two arm salute to both side of the court - 94 playoffs...)...

Reply #222152 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Heal is a super guy off the court I have to admit.
On the occasions I have met him he has been very friendly and easy going- happy to have a conversation about practically anything, and I observed that with not only the conversations he had with me, but also randoms that walked up and started talking to him also.
Last night after the game which the Blaze lost, he was chatting with fans- young and older and playing with his kids- he really dotes on his girls which was nice to see.

Reply #222158 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Heal's one of those guys that needs to crowd rev up to get him fired up and play well. Rather that boo the old scoundrel, maybe we should all ignore him and barrack like parents at the head of the river?

Tally Ho !

Reply #222164 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

May come back and add to this list later, but for now:

Dickheads: Gibbo, Worthington and Ingles (particularly if they are together, and they are frequently joined at the hip)

Good blokes: Heal, Mackinnon, (maybe better not put THEM in the same room? lol) Corey Williams.
Corey is a top guy and has taken to living here and promoting the game like a duck to water.

Reply #222183 | Report this post

Terry  
Years ago

Damian Keogh is a complete cock !
I too met him in a pub and he thought he was God.
A total loser, feel sorry for his wife if he's married !

Reply #246640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754