Oden08
Years ago

Should the 76ers trade Brand?

Philly are on a seven game win streak at the moment without their star off season signing playing. Should the Sixers trade Brand for some cap space next year or the year after or maybe a couple of solid role players?

What does Brand have to offer and who would be interested?

Topic #18780 | Report this topic

Humpa  
Years ago

Yes, he's a cancer.

it's Karma for Brand for ditching the LAC for more money rather than championship.

Reply #222472 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

And who was Brand going to win a Championship with again...?

Reply #222474 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

More importantly, who will take him. Isn't he on a $80 something million for like 5 years. With his aging body, i don't the 6ers could ship him for much.

Reply #222484 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

They should. I thought he was a bad choice for this squad. Brand is a very much a 1/2 court player whilst everyone else on the roster is a run and gun players.

Oh, there is a major trade going down soon.... Jermaine O'Neal for Marion.......

Reply #222499 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

"Oh, there is a major trade going down soon.... Jermaine O'Neal for Marion......."

[Insert request for source here]

Reply #222509 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN have suggested that Miami were wanting to see Jermo in a couple more games back from injury before they made the call. Would be good for Jawai - leaves Bosh and Bargnani (in good form) ahead of him at C.

Reply #222510 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Destined to become "Elton Brand's Expiring Contract" over the next couple of years.

Reply #222511 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

People are pretty quick to say Brand is over the hill here...

I think in the NBA player performance is all about team structure and how the player fits that style.

People were all over the Iggy decline earlier in the season, but a change of team style has boosted his numbers and production.

Philly never got the team around Elton that would provide the perimeter threats to give Elton room in the paint.

With this in mind there must be teams out there that could get Brand at a steal from Philly and if he fits the system, expect him to produce career numbers.

Reply #222517 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

How about the Bulls?

Gordon is out of the loop in Chicago and with the return of Hinrich, plus the fact that Rose and Hiney seem to work well as a backcourt, Gordon culd be traded with others to Philly for Brand and all of a sudden things look hot in Chicago.

If I'm Chicago i'm giving Philly either Tyrus or Noah in the deal also...

Reply #222518 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I doubt Bulls will take Brand back (it would be admitting their mistake) and I don't think he really suits Rose's up tempo game.

Brand SHOULD be able to offer the right team something. He is one of only four active players with 20 and 10 career averages! (Duncan, Shaq, KG the others)

Reply #222528 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

^^

No, it would be admitting Jerry Krause's stupid mistakes!

Reply #222535 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Yeah, but would the club want to go there?

And what if Brand does steadily decline once he gets there and becomes an "Expiring Contract"? Krause might say he was right all along and should still be in the job! (until someone points out what he got in return for Brand)

Reply #222569 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Have faith Marty... If it's not Jermaine it could possibly be J-Ho.

Reply #222576 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

When does JO's contract expire?

Reply #222624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754