skull
Years ago

36ers defence,at last!!

for the first time this season,tonight we saw the 36ers play "top 4" defence.
very impressive scotty, a heap of effort and GAF at last!!
still gotta go another level defensivly to win it !!

Topic #18809 | Report this topic

Dazzler  
Years ago

I thought the ease at which the Blaze were able to penetrate, dish, then score was still a bit of a concern

Reply #222895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, definitely not great defence from where I was sitting.....still needs a lot of work!!

Reply #222896 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Dazzler - there were occasions when they did, but I'd hardly say they did it easily. Not only that, the Sixers made a huge effort not to allow looks from the 3 point line - remember Joyce last time they were here? got a number of open looks and made us pay. Last night he got maybe 1 or 2 "open" looks all night.

If there was any concern for me, it'd be rebounding. There were a number of offensive rebounds grabbed by the Blaze that were a result of Adelaide just not paying attention.

Reply #222933 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Yeah the O boards are a worry. Crocs got to many second/third shots.

Reply #222951 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Agree, defence was a pleasant improvment, at least during the first half. O-rebounds conceded was a bit annoying, but props to Whitehead and Bowen as they were both very aggressive on them.

Reply #222958 | Report this post

Raytri  
Years ago

Yes hard to get rebounds when you ar being held, arms wrapped around you and arms hooked up in yours etc. No calls of course..

Reply #222970 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Raytri, of course there is nothing that can be done about those, I'm talking about instances where we had more people under the hoop than they did, but no one made a go for the defensive rebound, and the Blaze swooped on it.

Still, overall defense was a huge improvement. I wonder if any of that was due to Davidson's inclusion in the starting line up? Nothing against Bruce but Davidson is somewhat of a pressure defender, it seemed to set the tone really early.

Reply #222972 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

I thought the defence was a lot better. The only problem I had was Schenscher being dragged out revealing their stronger players under the hoop for easy shots

Reply #222983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754