Fezlington
Years ago

Andrew Bynum

Massive game by the big fella today

42 pts, 15 reb and 3 Blocks

I think that now lays to rest the previous post (Perkins V Bynum...who would u have)

Topic #18827 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree. Don't like the Lakers but this young man will be a star.

Reply #223066 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

this is the guy that was out during the finals last year...knee injury!!

seems to fill a gap they needed filling...lets see the finals series now..gunna be freaky awsome!

Reply #223071 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

MY BOYS BACK! thats the form fez and me want to see ;)

Reply #223084 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

That's a freakin huge game by Bynum but let's not forget Kobe's efforts:

TRIPLE DOUBLE!!!

Another one!

18pts 10rbs 12ast

MVP

MVP

MVP

MVP

MVP

:)

Reply #223092 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

what was the score?

Reply #223093 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

If this man is healthy come playoffs time, then the Lakers will win it all. He is the missing piece for this team and what cost them last year.

Reply #223095 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Jc, 108 - 97.

Lakers win, obviously.

Reply #223110 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Sure is Kobe for MVP....watched the highlights ...dunk after dunk after dunk

Put the big fella in the Dunk Comp @ the All-Star game...lol

Reply #223115 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Kobe has had 10+ assists in his last 4 games and 5 of his last 7. Great stat!

Reply #223119 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Good game by Bynum. 42 points and 15 but you have to remember two things-

1 it was against the clippers. Its great for his own confidence, but in terms of his passage into the elite, it doesn't qualify.

2 It was the result of a determined Kboe who is running that team very well right now. I get the feeling that Kobe is all about the Celtics right now. They threw the entire team at him last finals and he failed to pass the ball and instead dribbled into trouble. It seems to me Kobe is practising playing the distributor role as a prelude to what he will do in the finals if teams try the Celtic tactic of triple teams.

Every game that Kobe gets double digits assists for, i worry more that any money put on any other team winning the championship, is money down the drain....

What we are seeing is the evolution of Kobe. He may have the odd scoring outburst, but i really think he is developing a game style that he will use as he gets older and can't rely on athleticism.

He has confidence when throwing the ball inside to two 7 footers and is getting better at knowing what angles on the drive can actually open up the paint instead of clogging it up.

Its very similar to the evolution of MJ. (no surprises here- Kobe has modelled his whole life around MJ's legacy)

It really shows how much of a competitor the dude is, plus it shows how he took the blame on himself for the finals loss, instead of bleeting about others, he took it on board and has come back better.

LA is gonna win this thing unless the Cavs make some deal using Wally's expiring contract.

Reply #223129 | Report this post

Not only was it against the Clippers, but it was against a Randolph, Kaman and Camby-less Clippers.

Still, good game from the young lad.

And good on Kobe for being determined to get his teammates involved again- although I wonder if that dislocated finger has something to do with it?

Reply #223133 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Finger is only a recent event, Kobe has been all about passing the last few weeks.

Reply #223134 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Cmon guys you might want to see that he was playing on Deandre Jordan who was only playing in his second start. Jordon got career highs in points (23) and rebounds (12) and shot 11/12 from the field.

So lets not get carried away with Bynum. Obviously his defence isn't exactly great and was playing on a kid who should really be in the D-League.

Reply #223146 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Todays game

Still in 3rd Q
Lakers 92
Washington 59

Bynum has 20 and 13

Reply #223207 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Bynum 27 mins with 23 and 14

Reply #223212 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

But Kobe for MVP....that was against Washington so it wont count...lol

Reply #223295 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

yo what the #$%^ you own about it's only against Clippers without Randolph, Camby etc. it's NBA! ANYBODY posting 30+ is legit regardless of what team it is. people's been too spoilt by guys like Kobe and Lebron not realizing how hard it is to score just 10pts in the league.

Kobe running the team thing, sure but you didn't see our second leading scorer torching down 40. You just don't want to think Bynum's legit. The guy's still young and definitely have alot more to prove than a 40+ effort. However by doing so more than place him in a class above many other NBA players and the talk about Perkins v Bynum? That can lay to rest "for now".

Reply #223307 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

man it keeps coming, his posted ANOTHER huge double double

Reply #223992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:25 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754