Humpa
Years ago

Michael Redd out for season / Bogut talk

Michael Redd will miss the rest of the season with two torn ligaments in his left knee.

Bucks general manager John Hammond said Sunday that an MRI exam on Redd's knee revealed a torn ACL and MCL.

Surgery to repair the injury has not been scheduled.

ESPN

---

so with Redd out, this makes Bogut officially the best player on the Bucks.

Many people here when defending Bogut from bust status say that Redd takes away his shots, which therefore makes him underatted.

The next few months will decide if Bogut is a bust or not as he will be leading a team, and getting more shots.

Topic #18853 | Report this topic

YeTi  
Years ago

Now that he has this opportunity with one of the most selfish players in the NBA sitting on the sideline, I think Bogut will be lucky not to be joining him. His back is a game-by-game proposition and the referred pain of migraines and nerve pain in his legs are not good signs.

Shame given the Bucks position and the possibility of playing finals basketball. If he can prove the detractors on here wrong, it will be an even more impressive result given his health.

He's in a good position, as at least he has an idea how to play team ball ;)

Reply #223380 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

If you havnt realisedf bogut hasnt played two games in a row for months. i get the feeling he will be joining redd sooner then later

Reply #223381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

off topic but:

Bargnani
Last 15 games:

37.0 mpg
21.2 ppg
6.7 rpg
49.8 FG%
50.0 3PT%
81.1 FT%

i think Bargnani will be better than Bogut and break the bust tag.

Reply #223383 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Bogut will not instantly become the focus of the Bucks offense the coach is an idiot with no idea how to run an inside out game. The bucks will continue to force it from outside with RJ and Charlie V takin most of the shots.

Reply #223400 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and lets just say it now Bargnani is no hope for a all star benchy, its a season long ( as much has been played ) not just a couple of games.

Reply #223403 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

so, now that Redd is gone, people's coming up with another excuse blaming the coach?

btw Humpa, Bogut is no bust but just not 1st pick quality player. Bust is somebody like Kwame who today played 5min with 0pts on a center-less Detroit team (perhaps he was injured in the first 5min?)

Reply #223408 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

how fast the excuses keep swarming eh?

i've said it before and i'll say it again, the amount of shots Bogut gets is the AVERAGE for a big. With Redd gone it's almost more likely that he'll get more focus/shots now to see if he's a bust or not.

Reply #223414 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Humpa you seem to forget all the other players on the Bucks team. Bogut will not get anymore shots because his strengths are not catered to by their coaches system.

Reply #223419 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Humpa Humpa Humpa, Why the bogut hate?

B-Easy Hits it, the coach has never played to the bogeymans strengths.

Redd out a huge ball hog will hopefully give bogut some more oppurtunites, a rarity.

Besides bogut still averages a solid double double with 11 and 11.

Recently in the all star talk said to be the second best center in the east. (nba.com)

Reply #223422 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Also forgot to mention that the Bogey mans stats are indeed career bests and also has probably out scored an out rebounded Kwame Brown and Michael Olowakandi on his own already.

Reply #223426 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Here is an interesting stat:

Andrew Bogut:

Career Games: 254
Career Rebounds: 2219
Career Points: 3019
Career Assists: 642

Kwame Brown:
Career Games: 433
Career Rebounds: 2407
Career Points: 3113
Career Assists: 461

Reply #223428 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Very similar lines B-easy!

Yeti:
"Shame given the Bucks position and the possibility of playing finals basketball."

I really hope you mean 'playoff' baketball.

"so with Redd out, this makes Bogut officially the best player on the Bucks."

Hell are you talking about Humpa?!? They've still got RJ!

Reply #223432 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

haha similar :S
besides half the games :P
lol

RJ yeah ok but bogut is as good as him

Reply #223435 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

very interesting statline B-Easy. realistically, what team do you guys think would Bogut can actually be "the man", Memphis?

Reply #223436 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

X i guess you also noticed that Kwame has also played almost 200 more games then...

La Boy, as much as i stick up for Bogut and think Humpas out on some twisted personal agenda or something. Bogut will never be THE man on any team outside of the NBL or Boomers. He can though be one of the best players and most important to certain teams. Phoenix in the near future could be a possibility. The Knicks need for a running centre could help his up and down game.

Reply #223438 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

B-Easy I fully agree with you on that, one I think he'll never be the man but can definitely be the missing piece of a puzzle for many teams serving roles like Toni Kukoc to MJ and Pippen...

Reply #223440 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Well put LA Boy. Easily could fill the Mr Reliable role. Thread closed.

Reply #223455 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Milwaukee drafted Bogut to be a missing piece?

what a darn waste of a very good pick. u draft the player to be the man with that pick... not the missing piece of a puzzle.

Reply #223563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754