Stats Machine
Years ago

Remember When Nathan Hawkes Came Back In 2003?

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry, nothing to see here.

Topic #18860 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a pointless insulting thread! How many NBL games did you play Stat Machine.... you F%#@head?

Reply #223486 | Report this post

wally44  
Years ago

was a huge Nathan fan... He knew his role, was energetic supporting the team off the bench and one thing for certain, when he was on court he never took a play off.. (Not sure the same could be said for one of the sixers who got court time a few weeks ago)

Reply #223487 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

and we have a winner for pointless topic of the year 09, and its not even the end of jan yet.

anon somes it up perfectly

Reply #223488 | Report this post

jnx  
Years ago

Hawkes - absolute champion.

Made NBL, dominated ABL. Like so many who played in the past a professional gig was a lot tougher - had to be in the right place at the right time - he was probably talented enough but a little unlucky not to get a good shot.

Reply #223490 | Report this post

The Growler  
Years ago

Stats Machine your a turd.
How many stats have you had in the NBL?
Would love to hear what level you achieved - your gutless and easily the biggest wanker to ever come to this forum.

Reply #223491 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Ease up guys seen a lot worse in bad taste stuff on here. But I also believe a lot worse plyrs than him have got lots of mins at Sixers

Reply #223493 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How old was Hawkes in that season?

Reply #223501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was better: Nathan Hawkes or Jason Williams?

Reply #223507 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Can I be first Jason Williams was close to the worse plyr we have had and Phil keep giving him minutes.
Couldnt shoot, couldnt dribble, the ball couldnt defend. Nathan Hawkes much better with much less chances is my view

Reply #223515 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

(Mod: Keep it reasonable or go away.)

Reply #223522 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Williams was as good as say a Corletto and he's found his little niche in the Tigers rotation. Phil over used him and tried to push him to do more than he was capable of for too many years. Williams should have had 2 years filling a 9/10 man spot in the NBL and then been let go.

Hawkes came back in when we had little other option, a classic case of where the points cap gets ridiculous if i do recall.

Reply #223532 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Reply #223534 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Nathan Hawkes was a top bloke, I had the honour of being coached by him for a couple of seasons in high school. Learnt more for him than any of my other junior coaches, and he always got along really well with everyone.

Reply #223541 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Reminds me of a preseason game a few years ago when we were playing the crocs JR was killing us and during a side ball we said something along those lines to him and his reply was "Not hard Jason Williams is guarding me". Jason was in ear shot at the time. Classic JR

Reply #223543 | Report this post

craig  
Years ago

anyone know what nathan is up to these days? is he still involved in basketball? Would love to know, I was a big fan, certainly found him very good looking and anyone who wears the number 7 is usually something pretty special! I still have a signed nathan hawkes 36ers basketball card in my colleciton!

Reply #223649 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He is not playing ball any more, and he is a top bloke. Should have got way more time/opportunities.

Reply #224191 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754