David
Years ago

Any use for an online social basketball site...

Hi all

I play social basketball in Adelaide, just for fun. It's good to keep track of stats though so I started writing down after the games, the points, score, fouls etc. I made a little site for our team to record this so I could check out information.

I was wondering what the "interest" would be if I expanded this. Basically, a person could sign up for the site and keep records of their own team, check stats, averages etc for the rest of the team, and whoever is interested, to see.

It wouldn't look like this, but here is my site at the moment:

http://www.porkhunters.com

If anyone thinks it's a good idea, let me know :)

Kind Regards,

David

Topic #18893 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's already been done in a few places actually - others might be able to remember URLs.

Reply #223814 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Really needs a forum on there for your members, and a timetable too, for it to be a useful site for your team, imho.

Reply #223821 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Waaaaay back in the late 90's (yes, they had the internet then) I made a site for my social team. Some of the features I incorporated included flashing text, a scrolling text box, a message board, scores, match reports, player profiles and series of photos I stole from NBA.com (you must remember the digital camera revolution was still several years away). It was all pretty self indulgent but was a lot of fun to put together.

David, I think you'd be well served to add a bit more life to your site, get some photos up of the players, get them to fill in some player profile questionares in the most hilarious way they can, add a message board so people can talk smack to each and maybe write up some comedy match reports. Make it that engaging that your teammates have to tell their friends about it.

Reply #223837 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Just as easy to use facebook

Reply #223861 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

The Wayville basketball site has the capability to keep individual stats for social teams.

Neil has been promising to enter them the last couple of seasons, but it has never happened..

Reply #223873 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Cheers for the comments guys.

The site is moreso just for one team, to keep track of games, and see stats (points, fouls, average win/loss margin, record against other teams). It isn't really for a team <> team thing with an entire stadiums results on there.

I just got sick of getting to the end of a season and not having anything concrete to look back on!

Reply #223886 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Wow Chris Webber has fallen a long way

Reply #223898 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

LOL
That never gets old

;)

Reply #223901 | Report this post

yes  
Years ago

Morphett Vale Stadium Social Comp has individual scores for all social players up on their website, you can check your average, High Score, rankings against all other players etc. all updated weekly! Think last year they also had a trophy for top scorers!

Reply #223902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754