TR
Years ago

All Stars Announced

The reserves for the all stars have been announced. One or two lucky people.

East

Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, Danny Granger, Devin Harris, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson

West

Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Brandon Roy, Shaquille O'Neal, Chauncey Billups and David West

I think both Shard and Nelson were lucky. I think the improvement and record of the Magic greatly assisted them.

West looks pretty much as everyone predicted.

Topic #18899 | Report this topic

Run TMC  
Years ago

I don't think too many would disagree with Pierce, Bosh, Johnson or Granger. And Harris' early season form was good enough to warrant his spot.

So that leaves two spots for Shard, Nelson, Rondo, Allen or maybe Carter. It would have been hard for Rondo and Allen to get votes because most people would already have put Pierce down as one of the seven. It would be unlikely they'd choose three Celtics in the reserves so Rondo and Allen probably split a lot of votes leaving it open for some coaches to choose two Magic players. I would have preferred to see Rondo in instead of Lewis.

In the West I would've liked to see Durant in there instead of West.

Question: If Deron Williams or Jason Terry were in the East would they have made it?

Reply #223915 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Answer: Deron yes, Terry no.

Reply #223920 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

it is an absoloute traversty that big al jefferson has not made teh all star team total joke

Reply #223927 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Rajon Rondo will have to be there at keast next year, im surprised he wasn't there this year. The kid is an assist machine and now that his got a bit of scoring power as well he will be a great player for many years. Go You C's

Reply #223931 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

umm the west are very big??

Reply #223935 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

I agree - Al Jeff should have been there - Shaq got the nod as the sentimental favorite... Of course All-Star games are a waste of time and energy so its no big loss...

Added to this the fact that Marc Gasol made the Rookie team ahead of Love???

Its a big market circus... Seems like Minny have to find another top five all time at his position to have a player considered for the All-Star game (how Sczerbiak made it i'll never know)...

Reply #223939 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Maybe thats because Marc Gasol is better than Kevin Love...?

Al jeff should have been, a dead set lock for the reserves but unfortuanetly Chris Bosh needs to be there also.

Jameer Nelson is being rewarded for being the glue that holds the Magic together.

Lewis?

Reply #223940 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Lewis is easily the magics beiggest threa outside and keeps there outside game together.

Reply #223942 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Um - Wolves (WC) / Raptors (EC)...

Anyway - Gasol being better than Love is debatable... but it is what it is - from what I have seen (games) and heard (jounos) about Love (he is becoming a factor in racking up wins and keeping Minny in games and he's only 20 or so) mark my words - once he gets in shape (an issue) and develops his in game smarts (he is already progressing in leaps and bounds) he will be a very nice player... - sigh... At least he's not Christian Laettner!!!

Reply #223943 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Reckon many teams are kicking themselves over Granger??? - Picking up a franchise player in the middle of the first round is a nice job...

Reply #223944 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Ah yes meant to say Shaq, not Bosh.

Thats why its unfortuanate because AL is the better player but the fact that its just Shaq means he will get a game.

Kevin Love will most likely be a better player buts its the Rookie vs Sophmore game not the Once he gets his conditioning up and starts playin better he will be good vs Sophmore game

Reply #223948 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Friday arvo quiz

What's the biggest gap in years between a player making the all star team

Reply #223949 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

??? 7 years???

Not gonna say the name cause i looked it up... so it doesn't count??? Could be wrong though???

Reply #223953 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Not sure about the 3 Magic players either. Obviously Dwight is legit but not sure about the other 2...

As much as I hate Boston but would've thought Ray'd get a spot. Last time I check he's the leading scorer for the Celtics. Not a big Rondo fan though.

BTW the fact that KG is a start and Pierce is not, that says Boston's KG's team?

Also the starting match up's going to be funny...

Paul vs AI
Kobe vs Wade
Amare vs Lebron??? (Amare playing a 3?)
Duncan vs KG
Yao vs Dwight (good luck Dwight up against the great wall)

This is some serious length the west's got, other than Paul, the west is taller in every other spots.

Reply #223959 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Rondo has stepped his game up hard and warrants a spot on the bench. Eddie House should def be in the 3point comp.

Reply #223960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754