sad mav
Years ago

has jacob holmes signed with sturt

big word is jacob has signed with sturt.

Wow i guess being a 36er assistant and an abl head coach has a few perks.

Anyone confirm this?

Holmes and ng, top 2 spot locked up.

Topic #18903 | Report this topic

MH  
Years ago

Or Jacob being an ex sturt junior might have something to do with it. Heard they were trying to get Hill as well

Reply #223947 | Report this post

??????  
Years ago

oh yeh the sturt thing is definately the case, Liam would have said nothing to him, not a word and he would have found an old sturt sabre junior uniform in his drawers at home and started to have fond flash backs of the good old u/12 days. then he would have just approached Liam out of the blue and asked if he'd mind if he could play a few games this season.

yeh thats how it went down for sure.

wake up MH and smell the privileged situation that Liam finds himself in.

Hill is also being hunted by Bendigo.

Reply #223950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First we have the Norwood Lightning, now the Sturt Sixers?

Reply #223951 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Question mark person obviously it is a bit of both.

Reply #223952 | Report this post

wowwser  
Years ago

Perhaps he liked the fact that liam works his arse off for the 6ers and sturt. Perhaps he wanted to give back to the club that he played the bulk of his juniors at.

Just goes to show the clubs that put in the time to develop their juniors are rewarded when their athletes that make it return to play for the love of the club and not for few bucks. Put that in contrast with West Adelaide.

Reply #223971 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

1 saucer of milk to wowwser. Not a happy bearcat?

Reply #223973 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Jacob was always a Sturt Junior, never played juniors for any other club. On his first foray back to Adelaide from the AIS, he played with Mavs, courted by Richard Hill.
No surprises really, with the current playing group up the highway as to why he would be suiting with Sturt.

Reply #223978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Achtung, maybe you need to see the new seasons playing group for "up the highway" before making your comments. You may be surprised!

Reply #223981 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

True anon, so true

Reply #223990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Brad has said yes to the mavs. His dad wants him here in Adelaide during the off season.

Reply #223995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if sturt have holmes and ng x2 how are they under the salary cap!

Reply #223997 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

From what I have heard the Mount Gambier Pioneers are in discussions with Brad and I know Scott Ninnis is behind his younger guys moving out of their comfort zones and playing in a better competition than the Adelaide ABL.

Reply #223999 | Report this post

????  
Years ago

with Jacob heading over seas for the first 6 rounds it will be interesting to the see the team mix when he returns. a few players will be giving up alot of shots. except darren.

Reply #224003 | Report this post

Doggies  
Years ago

anon, which of those guys actually needs to get paid?

With a salary cap of $15K for mens and womens teams, maybe, just maybe people play for things other than cash!

Reply #224005 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Or they brake it Doggies?

Reply #224008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless they play for the love of the game, i.e. nothing, other items values are included in the salary cap.

Reply #224009 | Report this post

Cat 27  
Years ago

Where would Sturt get enough money to break the cap, they have 1 full time and 1 half time staff.

Reply #224018 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think you probably find that Sturt has been investing $ in junior development rather than have the senior programme propped up by the kids

Reply #224039 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They do have a bar don't they Cat27???

Reply #224122 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Sturt don't pay any of the mens players full stop from what I have heard

Reply #224165 | Report this post

Cat 27  
Years ago

Would that pay for 1 and a 1/2 staff?

I doubt it.

Reply #224168 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If Jacob goes to Sturt, it's bad Liam abusing his position with the 36ers. If Jacob goes to Eastern, it's naughty Richard Hill. If to West, does Brad Davidson cop it? He's an established player and I doubt he's heading there just to get a rookie chance with the 36ers!

Reply #224186 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Sturty6ers, where are you?

No problem with a player returning a club he represented as a junior.

Reply #224525 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL

The double blue handbaggers have been quiet haven't they?

Reply #224541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sold to the highest bidder

Reply #226090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754