Bizzy
Years ago

Shaq & Kobe feud "All Marketing"

Just looking over espn.com and came across a video with Shaq being interviewed by Stephen A Smith on what it's going to be like teaming up with Kobe and Phil Jackson again for the all star game.

Check the video here

He makes mention of Shaq and Kobe being the best big/small man combo ever etc.

Was the whole thing marketing? Is Shaq just being a douche and backing down on everything he said? Or is it Shaq just being Shaq?

Topic #18910 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Sure we no it was, has been said by both parties.

Reply #223998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The feud clearly wasn't "all marking", but this video probably is. Why would they have said all that shit in the media over the years and then finally hugged and made up before a game if nothing was going on?

Reply #224012 | Report this post

Years ago

Can someone actually explain to me what the so-called 'feud' was all about? I know it was probably just all egos, dick measuring and 'who's The Man?' stuff, but I never really got what they were supposedly so at odds about beyond that. Was that all it was? If so, then seeing as it was obviously never bad enough to really stop them from winning championships (as they won three together), then I don't really get why such a fuss was made. I know they are big stars on championship teams, but still, I think it was overblown and ridiculous.

Reply #224067 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah right, the Lakers, Kobe and Shaq all gave up on probably another 2 or 3 championships for the sake of a marketing exercise. There was definitely a real feud. But that was a long time ago now, and its much smarter for them to just get along on All-Star weekend.

Reply #224201 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754