LC
Years ago

Top 10 Ways to Spend Your Govt Handout

with the governamnet throwing aroun d money and with the cheque in the mail (to be received around April), just what do you do with all that extra cash ($300 to $950)?

Here are some thoughts...

1. HD PVR (or TIVO)- to record FTA NBA
2. Towards a new HD TV
3. Purchase a PS3 and associated basketball games
4. Subsidise a Foxtel subscription
5. Upgrade the home basketball system
6. Upgrade your social team's uniform
7. Party at your place
8. Return budget carrier airfares to Thailand (etc)
9. Interstate trip to watch 36rs play
10. Pay off the credit card

So what do others reckon?

Topic #18950 | Report this topic

ashman  
Years ago

1. TIVO
Anything left pay off the mortgage

Then hopefully in another 3 months Kev will hand some more out, really who thinks giving people $950 is going to stimulate the economy out of debt - it looks good but will only be a small blip on the radar.

Reply #224396 | Report this post

best  
Years ago

splash it all in one night in melbourne.
cheers for the "bender" bonus ruddy

Reply #224400 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Hookers!!!

Reply #224403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Buy a share of the 36ers

Reply #224405 | Report this post

Im going to donate most of mine to those women that don't seem to have a cars that walk up and down Hanson Rd each day.

Reply #224411 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

RLD, maybe you could be a nice person and pick them up and give them some money, I'm sure they would really like that, and it would make you feel good for helping someone. Great idea.

Reply #224414 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I'll spend most of it on hookers and booze, the rest I'll just waste.

Reply #224424 | Report this post

Yeah...that was the general idea.

So far it would seem that helping out the girls is the number 1 way to spend the money.

Reply #224444 | Report this post

sps  
Years ago

Nice posts. Funny how legitimate posts with substance can be omitted, yet garbage like this is allowed.

Reply #224445 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SPS - can you email me the sort of thing you're talking about rather than make vague references?

Reply #224460 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

I wouldn't go counting your chickens before they hatch.

Federal Coalition to oppose Rudd $42bn stimulus package

Reply #224464 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Damn Liberals! After reading all of these posts's I was thinking of getting more than double for my money in Thailand and investing in their economy instead! ;)

Reply #224490 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

It's good news that there is opposition to this spending and will be even better news if it is all scrapped. Why people want $950 right now and in a few weeks time they will have forgotten about getting it and nothing really much to show for it, yet the budget goes into an enormous deficit. This deficit will end up costing every Australian more than the $950 "gift". Its reckless to me and especially in today's economic climate. Also because today's economic climate gives no indication on when it will come to an end. If it lasts much longer, the money will be spent and the effect of this stimulus will have worn off with the inevitable unemployment to follow. Only this time we will be in the position we are now minus $42B. People today with the global economy crisis are taking about not spending money and saving it as a way to better weather the storm yet this government wants to throw away $42B while it is admitting that it does not know what the full implication of this spending will achieve.

Reply #224500 | Report this post

DoDaBonk  
Years ago

FREE MONEY dont exist people.
What you blow today will cost you, with interest tomorrow.
So Kev says his stimulus will put our budget into temporary deficit? For how long? Do you think he's going to give you tax cuts when the bills start stacking up in a couple of years?
And then we'll have his new free lollies to sweeten up the electorate as we hit the next elections.
And at the end of it we'll have to put the Libs back to pay the bills again, and all you red light district sponsors will be whinging about the blisters on your hands, and the lack of medical care because you haven't got enough hand outs!!.

Reply #224540 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

If I get any I'll use it to pay my kids' District Basketball fees for 2009.

Reply #224577 | Report this post

Hmmm....you both make some very educated points on the current state of the global financial crisis.

You have really got me thinking.......Yep, now I am more determined to help out the local economy on Hanson Rd than ever.

Reply #224618 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

If the stimulus package is so wrong what is the answer?Not a 100% of receivers/Australians will buy a Chinese TV,but that store can keep staff on and the wheel turns.Everyone is critical of the idea but I dont know, if whole banks in England are being rescued,Car factories going under,Microsoft deleting staff,WHAT will avoid a recession?
Our GST is reaping it in so a reuse of that collection plate is only likely to return back into it?Lot of people are saying they will settle debt,but isnt that based on overseas borrowings off World banks??Just as bad.
That reminds me i need tyres for the car.And sum seat covers.

Reply #225695 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Why not get thailand and the hookers at the same time there Skin. You do realise they are cheaper than a condom over there?

Reply #227442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754