Heatwave
Years ago

Game cancellations due to heatwave?

With the forecast for the next few days continuing to be HOT DAMN HOT! which games will be cancelled - will air-conditioned stadiums games still go ahead?

Topic #18953 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I put a link last week from the Basketball SA site stating that games will be cancelled if it is 40 degrees or hotter. I got this confirmed by the Port Adelaide Stadium yesterday who informed me that if it is reported in the Advertiser that it will be 40 degrees or hotter they will cancel games. I only play social so if your are a district player contact your club

Reply #224430 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I have a game at starplex the friday night does anyone know if they cancel games at starplex when the rest of the matches are cancelled?

Reply #224432 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I would head to the Basketball SA website. They have details on game cancellations.

Reply #224433 | Report this post

Know it all  
Years ago

Games canceled if forecast published in printed edition of Advertiser is 38 degrees or higher, not 40 as stated earlier.

Any games at the Dome or Starplex are not affected by this as they are air condition.

Reply #224443 | Report this post

igomadskills  
Years ago

pasadena played monday night and it was 39. We forfeited as would rather be swimming at my old mans place and also assumed it was over the 38 as advised so wouldnt have a game, only contacted me at 5:30 for a 6:50 game to advise it was on after leaving message and email.

Reply #224469 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Yesterday I was told 40 but it might be different between venues and district and social (i guess we don't run as hard)

Reply #224474 | Report this post

S Club 7 Rock  
Years ago

BA are a tight for dollars at the moment; I would lay my money on the fact that social will continue , despite the heat, while they will abide by "their rules" for district.

Reply #224616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754