Anonymous
Years ago

ABL wooden spooner

Who is your pick for the wooden spoon in ABL for girls and guys?

Topic #1897 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Between Woodville and Centrals for the girls and the guys is too early to even guess cos it will be quite even

Reply #21449 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Probably Centrals in the Girls for like the 100th time in a row!

Reply #21451 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

I think Centrals will be spooners in the girls but will push the bottom few teams as the session goes on.

Sorry Panther, but South might take the title in the mens. I hope they both prove me wrong.

Reply #21456 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That's a bit harsh!
I've been away for a few days, have I missed anything???

Reply #21462 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Surely can't go past Woodville in Mens, after all the names they've lost this season. And the no-names they're currently playing with.

Reply #21468 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Woodville should edge out South and West in the men.

Women between Woodville and Centrals. How are South looking without Smith?

Reply #21470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther, it is a bit harsh but it is hard to know what movements are final until opening night tip off. If all the movements away from Woodville are true, then maybe Woodville will take the wooden spoon.

Glenn is doing an excellent job out at Centrals and we could find Woodville take the title in both comps.

Looking at South results in the summer season they might struggle to make the finals this season. Have not heard any news on new recruits for the South women.

How are the Mav women looking this season?

Reply #21471 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

if oscar doesnt play for sturt they could be a chance.

Reply #21472 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Eastern - Jacob?

Reply #21475 | Report this post

Shut Up  
Years ago

What about West, they finished pretty low last year.
Have they recruited anybody new, or got players back, Truslove, Cioffi.
I am assuming Nash won't play.

Reply #21476 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

At this stage I'd say it'll probably be between Centrals, Tigers, West, Sturt, Mavs, North, Forestville, South, Norwood and Woodville

Reply #21478 | Report this post

Zooper Dooper  
Years ago

Riverland

Reply #21479 | Report this post

Madam  
Years ago

i am sorry rex hunt, but i do not see how that comment makes any form of sense, or contains any trace of humour....go away!!
i think west in the mens, and centrals in the women...

Reply #21482 | Report this post

Gilli  
Years ago

Oscar is playing for sturt and jacob isn't playing for eastern

Reply #21483 | Report this post

bum huggers  
Years ago

Hey Panther, maybe centrals should recruit a veterin likes of belinda godden or a Leanne Perkins

Reply #21484 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I appreciate your humor rex hunt.

I think it is too early to tell for men or women, I'm sure all teams have their own surprise packages.

Reply #21487 | Report this post

Juicy_4  
Years ago

I think it would be terrific for people like Belinda Godden or a Leanne Perkins to play for Centrals. Players with this experience can only help make the womens competition better.
Good Luck to them

Reply #21491 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

I am hoping that Central do not finish bottom this season.

Reply #21494 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer I don't know how the South Women are looking this year. It seems to be a bit of a depleted team and we seem to have a different group everynight at training, but hopefully they'll pull it together.
Can you seriously go past the Central Women though???
Anonymous who is Glen out at Centrals?
I think the Men's team will do pretty well this year if they can gel as a team and get past that losing state of mind. It'll be a fairly even year this year, should be good.
I heard that Noarlunga picked up a guy from Geelong Supercats, Matt Hardiman, he's not a bad player, good pick up for them will fit in well. Seems like a few teams are doing some outside recruiting finally!

Reply #21496 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Rex, I like your humour too. Thanks for signing my fishing rod the other week at Westfield Marion too. You seem like a top bloke.

Reply #21519 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Once again, this time specifically Panther, It was pretty good of a team that doesn't exist (Noarlunga) to pick up anyone! The name is Southern or if that it too hard to remember, Tigers.

Reply #21521 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

STIP get over yourself!

Reply #21538 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Panther, to my understanding Glenn is coaching the Centrals Women this year and from what I have heard is doing an excellent job.

I have also seen Matt Hardiman play and he will fit in very well with the Southern line up. The Men's comp in 2005 is looked to have some very high standard games.

Also read in todays paper that Nerrida Cooper has signed with the West Women this season. Should make them a top 4 side this season.

Reply #21561 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

STIP, if this is all you can come up with you are a very lonely boring person...
The last time I played against them was two seasons ago and they were still Noarlunga Tigers then, plus playing for them in juniors it's obviously a hard habit to break!
Remind me again how many Suns players went across to play???

Reply #21564 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

We took Will Foster, Christian Bell and Toby Schaftenaar

Reply #21569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from memory I think in the hundreds Panther, this would be an accurate calculation, the merge wasn't just the senior men

Reply #21570 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer you guys should be called the Norwood Suns!!!

Reply #21571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Spooners'

Reply #21572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see KB on your website KB is with the Flames this year Lommax. Is the big man going to suit or what is he doing???

Reply #21573 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

KB will be taking on the role of assistant coach. I think he has back problems at the moment and is unable to play. His knowledge will be an asset to the Norwood Basketball Club.

Reply #21575 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Do you even play anonymous???

Reply #21576 | Report this post

round ball  
Years ago

woodville men a great chance to win the spoon if Ng moves to Sturt. Both centrals and South to improve from last year. Mavs will still be very competitive even without Holmes, Becis return will help. West will be ok, much better if Nash plays as he will have to prove himself for 6ers next year. Southern to feel the loss of ponch and Ingles but are always tough at home. Norwood will be very competitive and deep however may be losing Thompson to overseas very soon. North, Forestville and Sturt will be top 3 teams. Kent moving to North Gives them a huge frontline, as will Forestville with Dix, Farman and maybe Mottram if he returns. Will definately need Newley to cover the loss of Campbell and give them more depth on the perimeter. Sturt are always tough with the return of Gower, Forman Bauer possibly Maher and Ng? And dont be surprised to see Puddy back at Sturt.

Reply #21578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther,
Anon: #21573: yes
Anon: #21572: Wouldnt have a clue!

Reply #21580 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That made no sense...

Reply #21585 | Report this post

cheek  
Years ago

i hear north have no hill or bibbey maybe they will be wooden spooners cant confirm but have heard

Reply #21590 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Definetly no Bibby, and maybe no Hill.

Reply #21591 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Ng to Sturt? Marcus or Darren? Tell us it isn't so.

Reply #21610 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Definately no Bibby??? I thought she had already signed with them to play, along with her girlfriend.

Reply #21626 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Bibby to North, to play along side Erin Phillips (that's a hell of a backcourt).

Bibby's "girlfriend", Deanne Ranford, is playing for Forestville.

Reply #21627 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Why did you have to put "girlfriend" in inverted commas???

Reply #21629 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I heard from a reliable source that Bibby is a definate no for North.

Reply #21630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bibby wont be at North, Randall wont be at Forrestville.

Reply #21670 | Report this post

Easy Rider  
Years ago

Randell won't be at Forestville but Ranford will

Reply #21691 | Report this post

it will be a line ball in women - woodville have lost 2 starters - but picked 1 up

2 starters gone to norwood - seems to be a certain network / culture ambience at that club

Reply #21697 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

What network / culture are you referring to Moe? The womens program is looking good this year with the 2 girls coming over from WA as well.

Reply #21702 | Report this post

plenty of dribble  
Years ago

If you knew the people you would know the culture

Reply #21854 | Report this post

plenty of dribble  
Years ago

norwood will finish top 5 with west, forestville, sturt and north

they have some very good u16 / 18 / 20s coming thru

woodville and centrals close for spoon

mavs, south, tigers fighting for 6-8 spots

Reply #21855 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

i would put my life on tigers making the finals. top 5 will consist of (no order) F/ville, Southern, Sturt, North and Norwood. Wooden spooner will be woodville, guaranteed, assuming they have got no decent players returning from last year.

Reply #21859 | Report this post

Hugo  
Years ago

Not a lot of talk here about the import Woodville supposedly have coming in part way through the season...or isn't that secret out yet?

Although he's gonna have to be pretty damn good to drag them off the bottom of the ladder.

Reply #21860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard a rumour that the mighty midget is coming out of retirement to play for central's women, can anyone confirm or deny?

Reply #21865 | Report this post

disco stew  
Years ago

woodville's men - even with a good import are a season or two away from being a force

Reply #21994 | Report this post

person  
Years ago

west will get it i reckon

Reply #24277 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

In the Mens,

Norwood
Forestville
Sturt
North

then daylight.

Centrals, Southern fighting for fifth.

South, West, Eastern, in limbo.

Woodville, especially after losing Ng, for bottom.

[Mod: Sorry Eastern fans!]

Reply #24279 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

sorry, eastern not playing this year?

Reply #24283 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I deleted them! :D

I had them fighting for fifth, and moved them to limbo. I'll edit it now.

Reply #24289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My oh my, Just browsing over this thread and had to laugh...KB assistant coach and Norwood...Woodville wooden spooners...This is merth

Reply #47955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tsk tsk, jimmy de bas. How wrong you were!

Reply #47957 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754