Quagmire
Years ago

Xbox 360 and hard-drives

Hi all, just got my hands on an xbox 360... was wondering if there is a way to add a hard drive to them, similar to the old xbox, that enables me to make copies of games i own so i can play them without needing the disk, therefore keeping it free from risk to damage.... you follow?

Topic #18992 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Did you get the Arcade version? All others have a hard drive which you'll probably want. They can be bought as an add-on - somewhere like dstore.com.au will have them.

It was only hacked original Xboxes that allowed you to rip discs to the drive for easier play. It made life a lot easier, but obviously too easy for pirates.

With the 360, if you have a hard disk and update the dashboard, you can rip one game (at any one time) to the drive for quicker load times but you will still need the disc in the drive to start the game.

Reply #224854 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

If you go here http://linky.com.au/65ts1 you can get a cheap 20gb hard drive and 3 month gold subscription. This is only for arcade, the cost was about $36 including delivery.

Reply #224886 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Just checked the link the special must of finished a couple weeks ago sorry about that.

Reply #224892 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

http://www.gamefix.com.au/

However, if it is a really good, do the right thing and buy the game.

Reply #224896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754