HAYDEN
Years ago

To ex Magic and Giants fans

This is an ad created by some South Dragons Fans who were ex magic and giants fan. They are wanting to try and get ex nbl fans back on board for the finals so that the same thing doesnt continue to happen with the second melbourne franchise and that the Melbourne Tigers won't have a monopoly in Victoria!

this is the link:
http://www.vimeo.com/3197953

what do you think?

Topic #19072 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

It's ok, it's lacking any basketball footage though. You need to excite people, and people will get excited by highlights, not text.

Reply #225842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not bad. Im in favour of anyone trying to promote the game. I think you'll find crowds will grow and old fans will get back into the NBL if we can just get some game on ONE hd next season.

Reply #225843 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hayden, you might as well make it a static page or a Word doc. It's not that fun waiting for a video to buffer only to realise it's plain text set to music. If it was a web page or Flash movie, you could at least link the bits at the end to the ticket site or Dragons site.

Few mistakes in the text: "alot" should be "a lot", "lets" should be "let's", "is" should be "it's", "!" should be a "?", "lets" should be "let's" again. Good luck.

Doubt you'll find many Magic/Giants fans here who aren't already aware of the Dragons. Maybe try your rallying call on the Herald Sun/news.com.au network or write letters to the print versions of papers or community press, or try to get it in front of local clubs in Victoria, etc.

Reply #225846 | Report this post

hayden  
Years ago

Firstly isaac i agree with the footage! but my account on youtube is playing up and im not sure how to get the footage off the south dragons page! also i know that almost everyone is aware of the Dragons! my aim however is to get the people who dont attend to do so. And keep in mind i am not very good with computers and this doesnt have a budget

Reply #225948 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Appreciate your passion, Hayden.

Keep on plugging away at them, eh.

Reply #225975 | Report this post

Former card nut  
Years ago

Thumbs up big fella

Reply #226075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754