nifty
Years ago

Would you recruit Joey Wright

Apparently Gold Coast and Perth are supposed to be looking at him his record doesn't say he is that great or is he?I think the American coaches do a better job of telling everyone how good they are and after a while people start to believe it.The Aussie coaches don't so they seem to at times be under rated what do you think?Get the record books out and have a look.Also look at the budgets and talent they were working with .

Topic #19090 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

the GC ownership are hoping contracts are not going to be honoured in the new NBL so they can chop Chocco and sign Joey.

Reply #226020 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Over Brendan Joyce, sure.

Reply #226023 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Definitely my number 1 NBL pick... except for the loaded teams, he got the most out of the Bullets teams he had. He got some average teams to the Semi finals a couple of years in a row. He seems to instil confidence in the players & has the x's & o's to back it up. And some people seem to discount that it's a skill to get a team of champions to gel together

Reply #226040 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Finance aside, he builds a close network with his players.
I have never heard a player to say a bad word about him, if fact, from all the ones I know that have played under him, they adore him and his leadership qualities.
Tough man courtside but soft and mushy on the inside.

Reply #226043 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Perth offered Joey and Dale Ryan the coaching spots last year, however were spurned at the final hour when both elected to stay in Brisbane as the Bullets looked to have been revived.

I'm sure Perth would be keen to have both on board still.

That said, Brisbane would be the best bet if the Bullets gained re-entry.

Reply #226086 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Actually, no.
If Stepenson puts a successful bid in, his right hand man is Van Groningen and his friendship with Joey is flat out over- they will never work together again, mark my words, in fact several players also will not get on board if he is there in ANY capacity.

Reply #226095 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

I am sorry i wouldnt hire joey wright, especially now that he is suing eddy for his contract, if the bullets continued to be in the league fair enough, but they folded and he got another job, just shows that he is all about him self

Reply #226138 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

My bad HAHA, I totally overlooked that fact re: Stephenson/JVG.

Reply #226151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754