DB5
Years ago

Jawai getting a run today

The big fella has logged a few minutes against the Cavs today.

Currently in the third 0/1 from the field, 1 rebound.

Go Nate, minutes may be coming for the rest of the season now..

Topic #19118 | Report this topic

clarky  
Years ago

Hopefully with O'Neal gone now, Jawai can get a share of the backup minutes and have a decent run....

Good to see him getting on the court early in this game!

Reply #226362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets hope he get a point.

Reply #226364 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He has only logged 1 minute to date and remains 0/1 and has 1 rebound.

With JO gone and Bosch sitting theb game out injured, let's hope he can get a few more minutes in this game.
Raps are down by 15 with just under 5min left.

Reply #226366 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Jawai just scored his first NBA basket off a nice little pass from Marion....

Reply #226369 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

5:25 pt

1/2 from the floor
1 rebound

Reply #226372 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Yeah I can see him starting with numbers like that

Reply #226375 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why even comment like that mystro?

That was the most he has played so far, and Toronto just traded a big. Hopefully when Nate gets a bit more burn he will post better numbers.

Or are you like humpa and just hate to see an Aussie make it.

Reply #226379 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

mystro - so how many NBA games have you played?

Reply #226381 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Kris Humphries is also out with a broken leg and Voshkul is still ahead of him in the rotations for now.

I watched the game, and he actually gave some pretty good minutes...Went after a few offensive boards, played good D, forced Z into a travel once and the man sets a MEAN screen.

However, with Bosh due back, Graham shifting back to the bench and Hump coming back in a few weeks from now, plus Voshkul and Marion playing the 4...I don't think we'll see an increase in minutes.

Doug Smith, who writes a blog for Toronto always suggests that Jawai will be a contributer next season

Reply #226383 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Im just giving the same reply I got when Sean Marks recorded his best numbers to date, have a look and you'll see where i'm coming from. I applaud anyone who isn't an american (and especially from this part of the world) that can make it into the NBA and get some court time especially as a lot of mean players get overlooked for one reason or another, as for the how many NBA games have you played comment, the same amount as you LC, ZERO/ZILCH/NADA.

Reply #226388 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

The Raps just traded for O'Bryant, so more competion for Jawai.
But when all their players are fit this may allow Jawai to be sent down to the D-League to get some decent game time and some fitness.
I would just forget this season and try to get him fit for next year. He is not going to get match fit playing 0-5min a game.

Reply #226618 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754