joshuapending
Years ago

Cattalini to perth?

what do people think about the talk on ozhoops of Cattalini being chased by perth for next year. I would hate to see him on another team after such a stint with us, and the fact that we let him go again. It would be really hard to get him back unless brett did leave. Any thoughts

Topic #1913 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Cat has returned to us before and i think he is a man of his word. f he said he would return to the sixers then he will. If the sixers did not put anything in place before he left the again management stuffed up and has not learnt a thing from the past.

Reply #21676 | Report this post

warthog  
Years ago

if brett goes to europe, they could do a swap?

Reply #21678 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Never say never...I remember when David Stiff said if he didnt get picked up by a euro team hed play for the sixers at the league min!

Reply #21681 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Did Cattalini actually say he would return to Adelaide again?

I don't know, last time he had planned to go to Perth, but at the last minute decided on Adelaide again. He has always said he wants to go back to Perth one day. I think the chances are he will go there.

And if Maher leaves it is one less reason for Catt to return (they are very close friends).

Reply #21693 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Personally, i think if the sixers are going to have 'out' clauses in contracts, there should be a sub-clause that states the contract must be continued with Adelaide on return. Sort of like a leave of absence... i.e "you can go to spain for how ever long they will contract you for, however if you come back, you are still contracted to Adelaide for the remainder of your original contract length OR until we wish to release you.

ShaneD

Reply #21721 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i can understand that idea, but i think it defeats the attraction of using the "out" clause in the first place. What i mean is that have the "out" players think i can sign but if something good comes along i can go, but if you have to finish your contract regardless of the team setup or coach at the time players might to be attracted to sign. How long would the contract last? ie if they came back 5 years later does he have to finish with the team?

Reply #21743 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I for one would never sign a contract with a 'return clause'. Teams change, coaches change, and just maybe I didn't like the team I played for to begin with and don't want to return.

Teams couldn't also prepare for the future. What if you capped out $$$$wise or point wise, and your 'returned' player wants to come back. Also I don't know what Cat was being payed before he left, but would a team be willing to leave an undisclosed amount of money free in the salary cap on the off chance a player may return. Nup.....

Reply #21754 | Report this post

cat fno go  
Years ago

Cats building a house in Perth so dont expect to see him in Adelaide.

Reply #21818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how would u know ?

Reply #21887 | Report this post

Golf_squad  
Years ago

So, Layton Hewitt owns properties in Melbourne, Sydney and on the Gold Coast but still resides in Adelaide.

You do know that people invest money into a property portfolio because they receive a greater return on investment rather than most bank accounts

Reply #21889 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I don't think there is any doubt that the Cattalini's will go back to Perth to live one day. The query is whether it's while he's still playing or when his NBL career is over.

Reply #21894 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Why are we only talking Adelaide and Perth?

Don't you think other teams are going offer crazy money for Cat?

Don't be surprised to see him go to the highest bidder. He will be a much sort after player when he returns.

Reply #21895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think I heard that Cairns were also interested.

Reply #21896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754