TR
Years ago

NBA All-Star selections

East:
Starters are Iverson, Shaq, Vince Carter, Grant Hill and LeBron

Bench includes Big Ben, Jamieson and Arenas from the Wizards, Big Z from the Cavs, Wade, Jermaine O'neal and Paul Pierce.

West:
Starters are Kobe, Tracy and Yao, KG and Tim Duncan

Bench includes:Ginobili, Amare, Rashard Lewis, Nasty Nash and the Matrix, Ray Allen and Dirk...

Does anyone thing there are any questionable selections. My only two (wouldn't call them not worthy, both awesome players) would be Ginobili and Lewis, but I'm guess the records of the Spurs and Sonics helped there cause.

West look the better squad, but not even going to try and pick the winner.

Topic #1916 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

If you have seen Ginobili play at all over the last 2-3 years, you would say his selection is overdue. He is one of the most complete players in the league, and one of the few superstars who LOVES playing D. He will make All-Defensive team this year and is a chance for All NBA team, maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Anyone see his 49 against Phoenix? Also had about 7 assista ans 10 boards and a few steals.

Great attack on the rim for a white boy and loves to dunk on people

Reply #21700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would Steve Francis have been a better selection over Hill? Or was there just too much competition in the guards (LeBron, Wade, Iverson, Arenas)?

Parker instead of Manu?

Amare should be starting ahead of Yao, but it's hard to outvote China.

Reply #21701 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Doc,

Agree with you, and I can't think of anyone I would be willing to replace him with. Worth of the selection, hell yeah. The only replacement I can think of could possibly by Stoj.

Francis, unlucky, but to many bigger vote pulling guards in the East.

'Z' only made it cause beside Shaq is the only stud centre in the East, and the coaches had to vote someone. The selections after 'Z'... well not much there. That's how Magliore made it last year.

Reply #21708 | Report this post

Hill  
Years ago

if bogut gets traded to an east team he may be an allstar straight away or after a year or two with the lack of centres in the confrence

Reply #21725 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

He'll play as a forward

Reply #21730 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

...yeah with atlanta

Reply #21765 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Im glad to see some of the guys who made it who arnt so classy as the others getting a go.
But every year i go for the EAST... and i reckon this year the EAST have a less chance. Every other year i thought yeah there even but.. dam! i reckon east has the stronger bench and west the stronger starters. i say west by 10 - 15

Reply #21776 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I actually rate the West bench better than the starters....

I would almost go and say that the west bench would kicked the nackers out of the west starters....

Reply #21777 | Report this post

Lato  
Years ago

Doubtful TR, doubtful. the west has a very, very good bench and even though the all-star starters are basically there cause they're the most popular, the west have a baseline of Yao, KG and Duncan, it ain't exactly the easiest trio to get a good shot off against!

Reply #21867 | Report this post

Aria  
Years ago

As you can tell, i live in England. I try my best to follow basketball here as its not the most popular sport. My favourite players are Dirk, T-Mac and Ben Wallace. Firstly, I'm shocked to see Nowitzki on the bench for west. Put him on for Yao. Out of the 3 blockers (Yao, KG and TD), Yao can't shoot. Bring on Dirk. Secondly, I must agree with you in this topic, WHERE THE HELL IS STEVIE FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats insanity. Thank you very much.
yours sincerely, Aria from London

Reply #45509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754