aaronbrucefan
Years ago

Steve Francis

wat does every1 rekon will happen to steve francis? after being traded by the rockets and ending up at memphis now finds himself with out a team

Topic #19160 | Report this topic

vanexel31  
Years ago

probably get a good deal in europe when he's healthy. would be great to see him in the NBL but wouldnt happen.

Reply #226918 | Report this post

Cantelope  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me what happened for his game to just suddenly deteriorate like it did? He'd still have his physical attributes, did he just quit practicing or what?

What other players have had similar sudden drop offs in their game.

Reply #226921 | Report this post

curtley_ambrose  
Years ago

He looks fatter than before. Shawn Kemp & Vin Baker (who were actually traded for each other) had similar drop offs into oblivion.

Reply #226929 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

He's a strange one i think... I heard that he had a big cry when he was drafted by Memphis and interviewed by the Draft analyst (not because he was happy - but because he didn't want to go to Graceland - i think its Bill Simmons favorite Draft moment)... I think he just has a bad attitude, i do recall that he had chronic migraines a while back as well...

Reply #226941 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Found it - yes no 1 on his list of Draft moments (i have looked for it on the net - can't find it)

No. 1
1999: After Vancouver selects Stevie Francis second, a disappointed Francis puts on a Grizzlies hat, shakes hands with Stern and tries to pretend he's happy. But when he and his grandmother head on stage for an interview with Sager, Francis becomes steadily more distraught by the realization that he's heading to Vancouver. When Sager asks him, "How does it feel?"  Francis rolls his eyes, holds back tears, leans back in his seat, stares up at the roof in dismay and looks as though he might start screaming. Sager quickly throws it back to Ernie.

Reply #226943 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Sorry - Vancouver (not Memphis - what`s wrong with Canada anyway???)

Reply #226944 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

there was an hour long special on Francis a few years ago in th US on a show called Beyond The Glory. Its an interesting watch, and you can find it on youtube.

Reply #226947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great work Johnny Sack. If you get the time read that whole article its just chock full of great moments, especially the comments by his bill's father.

Reply #226971 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

if I was a NBA player, I'd play 5~8 years then retire. Why work when you can just be a bum for the rest of your life?

Reply #227001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754