ESP
Years ago

The Heat.... $81?

I may be a bit biased as I believe Dwyane Wade is one of the best finishers in the game...... it just amazes me that Miami are still paying $81, they have just acquired a great defensive center who is allstar quality if he can stay fit, they have a very serviceable forward in Haslem and two sleepers in Beasley and Chalmers.

If they were in the West, I wouldn't have written this... but they have claimed some big games without Jermaine (Inclusing the Lakers, Jazz, Cavs and Spurs). I think they could sneak into the Eastern Conf Finals.... and if they do, anything is possible when you have Dwyane Wade. Lets not forget games 3 - 6 in the 06 finals when he put together possibly the best (consecutive 4 game) playoff performance of all time (before you MJ fans jump down my throat... you won't find a bigger MJ fan than me).

I know they won't end up with a 60 win season, but this team is dangerous. I just think they deserve a lot more respect than $81, which you can get on TabSports..... I'm going to drop a quiet $20 on them.

Any thoughts?

PS - The way Jazz are playing they are fantastic value at $34 as well.

Topic #19179 | Report this topic

Chewy316  
Years ago

Wasting your money mate. No one's going to beat the Lakers this year.

Reply #227140 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

There's no way the Heat are winning the Championship this year. Not with 2 rookies being significant pieces in their team. Couple of years, if they can keep that nucleus, maybe the will contend. You're better off using your money as toilet paper.

I do like the Jazz, though! Williams is as good as CP3 (he just doesn't have the ball in his hands 80% of the time), add Boozer, Kirilenko, Brewer (not that good I know, but super athletic and a decent defender), Millsapp off the bench, Harpring for hardness off the bench, their centre (brain fade!) who has had a great season, Korver for bench scoring and they have to be an outside chance.. not having home court will hurt them. Sloan, too, is a god. And with Larry H Miller's passing, they have some emotional motivation too...

Reply #227143 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Lakers Celtics maybe Cavs and Spurs are legit, and rest wouldnt matter if they were paying $1000 not going to be worth the $1 you put on.

Reply #227148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm with Nino. Best value there right now is probably the Spurs at $13 and I don't know that I'd even chance that.

Reply #227157 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Your wasting your money on miami, wades good but he aint that good.
Eastern finals are gona be a Cleveland Boston afair.
LA are gona be tough to beat in the west.

Reply #227164 | Report this post

The last time the won they had a much better O'Neal...

And there were no super-teams (i.e. Lakers and Celtics).

Sure, the Spurs were good, but that's because Tim Duncan is a robot, and Ginobili and Parker are Flop1 and Flop2

Reply #227176 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Heat are a dangerous team in the first round, but i'd give them no chance of taking the title.

Reply #227183 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Miami could make the second round by beating the Hawks but after that they will face Boston or Cleveland. I think they would win only one game (two tops) against either of those teams.

As many have said already, only four teams can win it: Lakers, Spurs, Celtics or Cavs

Reply #227206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Magic as an outside chance, but I would imagine it will be C's LA once again.

Reply #227232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't even consider the Heat to win the Championship. Honestly, Miami are a one-man team. You can say he has backup in O'Neal,Beasley and Cook, but..

-O'Neal is way past his best. His glory days of Indiana are past him
-Beasley is massively overrated. Sure he was great in College, but this is the NBA.
-Cook is a good 3-point shooter, but defensively you have to wonder whether he is helpful or detrimental. IMO he is a defensive liability

They have some great young talent. But it's apparent defensive is killing them at the moment. Too many youngsters. Generally rookies and sophmores struggle with the defensive aspect of the NBA. Miami have 2 rookies, 3 sophmores and 2 guys that have played 2 seasons already. 7 members of their team are quite youthful, and I just think that while those guys bring good offence(e.g Beasley, Cook, Chalmers), they all struggle defensively.

Reply #227237 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

The heat can beat anyone on a given day, but Wade has to light it up. That won't hold for a 7 game series.

I agree, smart money is on the Spurs. You still have Duncan playing at about 90% of his peak, and he is the greatest power forward of all time. You have Ginobili who is in the top 5 clutch players in the league right now. And Parker who can light it up. I just get the feeling they need one or two more pieces to make a real run at it.

Reply #227244 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If they had traded for Carter, they would challenge the Lakers.

Reply #227245 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Wade can light it up for extended periods, ala 4 career games in a row in their 2006 finals run.

Lets look at the Eastern Competition:

Boston
They have lost Posey, Cassell and PJ Brown from their Championship team.... 3 very capable players, they added Miki Moore and possibly Starbury.... neither of these two will contribute positively / possibly negatively. KG is out with a knee for a few weeks, how well will he come back?

Cleveland
They have added Mo which has been a huge boost but Big Ben has just broken his leg and despite not being an offensive threat was by far their best interior defender, they will miss him more than they missed Z when he was out.

You guys get too caught up with early / mid season form..... I say Miami are heating up at the right end of the season, I'm not saying they are a lock, far from it in fact, Im saying at $81 they are worth a small wager.

Reply #227344 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754