skull
Years ago

the "whatever it takes" crocs

its amazing how bad the crocs, at times, can make the dragons look!!
leading into this series i thought the crocs were guilty of transperancy as a unit,i was wrong!!
congrates to trevor and co,a great EFFORT with an under sized,undermanned team!!
the EFFORT factor from the townsville crocs is second to none in the league.
sit up,take note and learn from
the "WHATEVER IT TAKES" crocs.

E.F.F.O.R.T.-DOES NOT REQUIRE SKILL
DIVING ON LOOSE BALLS- DOES NOT REQUIRE SKILL
PUTTING YOUR BODY ON THE LINE- DOES NOT REQUIRE SKILL
A HEAP OF G.A.F.- DOES NOT REQUIRE SKILL

Topic #19192 | Report this topic

sharpshooter  
Years ago

here...here would like to see the crocs knock off the dragons.... on other reason than enjoy watching goorj loose!

Reply #227268 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Best play of the night was Rusty's massive block in the final minute - just launched himself without regard for his body and made a huge play!

It was pure hustle and desire.

Reply #227271 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Has been impressive by the crocs.

Will it be a concern that a Saturday night Game 3 which they should have been looking forward to a healthy 5,000-6,000 crowd could well be another 3,500-4,000 effort due to the A-League grand final on at the same time?

Reply #227278 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Mad props to tha Crocs.
Now the Breakers have to pick their nuts up and do the same (not holding my breath tho), the Tigers are peaking at the right time of the year.

Reply #227282 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

one thing i forgot to add to my post last night......

BEATING A STACKED TIGERS TEAM - WILL REQUIRE SKILL

Reply #227283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im all for the Crocs getting passed the Dragons in this series, and as long as Joe Ingles keeps stinking it up (he's become my new 'love to hate' guy in this league!), that is a major possibility BUT...

For the sake of next season having some hype behind it in a major city, wouldnt a Tigers Vs Dragons championship series be better for the NBL longterm? Lets face it the everyday fan isnt going to be to hyped about seeing a championship got to New Zealand or Townsville. For the record all over the Breakers bandwagon as ive got a mate playing for them, so just putting it out there...

Reply #227300 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

On the first game the crowds was more than 3.500 I was there and it was easily 4,500.

Reply #227301 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

You'd be surprised anon at how many people are unimpressed with those particular two teams butchering the league.
I would much rather see the championship go to NZ or The Ville any day than the same two teams who think they're allowed to play by their own rules.
THAT will turn people off to the game more than another city winning and therefore inspiring clubs to win it back.
Nobody wants to have to win something from a blatant cheat- they'd sooner switch off.

Reply #227324 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

yep,there are not a lot of people cheering for the tigers at this stage.
at least the dragons had a few hurdles along the way,with a kind of rags to riches thing going on(kind of)
how do you compete with a teams bench scoring a point and a rebound for every minute they are on the court??
far too much scoreboard pressure for any team!!!
surely that bench team could beat half the teams in the league now!
shamus certainly exposed the weakness of the nbl to deal with salary cap issues,as a matter of fact ,any issues!

Reply #227333 | Report this post

hood  
Years ago

Shameless McPeake has been able to do whatever he wants for far too long, just goes to show that BA has no balls.

Reply #227462 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754