ESP
Years ago

The James Stopper!

We had the self acclaimed "Jordan Stopper" in the 90's - Gerald Wilkins.

Ron Artest held Lebron not only to 7 / 21 FG's but also held him to "0" assists today, the first game he has not recorded an assist in during his entire NBA career of 493 games.

Is Artest the "James Stopper"??

Topic #19199 | Report this topic

Run TMC  
Years ago

I suspect that he will be about as effective as a James Stopper as Wilkins actually was as the Jordan stopper!

Reply #227345 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I just read the recap and a more important thing to come out of that game was that Ben Wallace broke his leg and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Even if he is back in time for the playoffs I'm not too sure what sort of shape he will be in. Finishing top in the East just got a lot more important for Cleveland. If they do the will avoid Boston AND Orlando (ie KG and Dwight) until the East finals and give their best big man defender a bit of extra time to regain his fitness and form.

Reply #227346 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I didn't watch the game (don't know if was on Fox) - did Artest or Battier guard LeBron?

Reply #227348 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Artest.

Reply #227349 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Getting a little excited about 1 game! If he was that good at stopping LBJ im pretty sure he would not only be a very sort after player but also ESPN would have proclaimed it alot sooner.

Reply #227352 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Did anyone actually watch the game? Cause I assume he was battiead

Reply #227357 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

My money is on Battier, he always guards Lebron and always shuts him out

Reply #227358 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

"Ron Artest added 15 while harassing James on defense most of the night"

fair enough

Reply #227361 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

They have some great, great defensive players that rockets team.

I don't think Wallace is a big loss. Big Z and the afro-Brazilian idiot Verajao can get the job done, and would play before Wallace anyhow.

Reply #227366 | Report this post

Years ago

While on the subject of stoppers, the best one had to be the self-proclaimed 'Kobe Stopper' Ruben Patterson. So effective that not one team has bothered to sign him.

Reply #227368 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Well there isn't much need for 6'5 power forwards with no jumpshot these days...

Reply #227468 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sorry, but no one man is stopping Lebron. Team defence is what stops Lebron. See Celtics v Cavs Eastern Conference Semis 2008.

The Wallace situation will be interesting. He is an excellent defender and helps the Cavs do a lot of damage on the offensive boards. But on the other side of the coin, good teams exploit his inability to shoot and pack the paint against Lebron to stop him driving.

As a Celtics fan, I was actually more worried when the Cavs had Joe Smith out there, because he forced KG to leave the key to guard him when his shot was on. Hope he stays in OKC (unless he feels like joining the Celtics LOL)

Reply #227476 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

The rockets match up well against the Cavs. RonRon is still one of the best lock down defenders in the NBA.

Reply #227525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754