Anonymous
Years ago

Locked: Oh Where Is He???

Was down at the Port tonight, and there was a referee missing.... and he wasnt there last week.

Can anybody tell me where he is?
Cos i missed seeing the penguin out there....

Topic #19201 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nasty!

But we all know the ref you're talking about

Reply #227385 | Report this post

Poolie  
Years ago

Word has it he has been told he is not allowed to referee in SA for a very long time.

Reply #227388 | Report this post

publicenemy#1  
Years ago

The demise of the Trigga man?. What a day for the Sth Australian Basketball community. He has been terrorizing us for years. 15 years plus deep in the game and still couldnt ref a lick! go open a comic book store dude! We would all be interested in the new adventures of JACKMAN ! !

Reply #227391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please show some courtesy as I understand his seeing eye dog had to be put down.

Reply #227402 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

The only ref I have ever seen call a game off because a player asked what a foul was for. Good riddance chumbly bum.

Reply #227406 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

They have mixed emotions at Port Adelaide.
The players are happy but the number of pasties sold is affecting the canteen profits.
The 'controller' and 1 other ref who likes his pasties have not been seemn lately

Reply #227411 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Cant believe it took so long. I heard the only reason he was kept for all these years is that it would take 3 refs to cover the amount of games he used to ref, or maybe it was the amount of techs he called...

Never before played in a game where 7 techs were given until I came across him. Usually dont condone ref bashing but good riddance.

Reply #227433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he's gone to MARS and lifted the level at both stadiums?

Reply #227436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

names or this thread is useless...

or even initials...

Reply #227440 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If you don't know who he is from the 'penguin' description I don't think you would know him anyway.

Hopefully he uses his free time to go bra shopping.

Reply #227450 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

The third reply gives you his surname ! What more do you need ?!!

Reply #227461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the bloke they call Rosey is it ?

Reply #227490 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

I remember 1 year at the SAPSASA competition out there at Port adelaide "the Penguin" was reffing and i was watching one of the games on the middle court (my team wasnt involved as we had just finished a game)..it was raining outside and i noticed that there was a big puddle of water developing at the western end in the corner of court 2, no one seemed to be doing anything about it so i got up and was walking accross the baseline to go and get a towel from the front desk to mop it up....as i got half way accross i noticed the penguin was...ummm.... "waddling" toward my end, so i called out to him to let him know that there was water in the corner and it could be dangerous for the kids...he just put his hand up and yelled at me to not talk to him....i thought he had missunderstood what i was saying...so i stopped again and tried to explain...and he nearly lost the plot at me...so i just walked off to get the towel...as i did i heard a crash...turned around and one of the kids had slid on his backside through the water into the seating on the sideline...dont think their will be anyone who misses him....except of course for the balfours rep!

Reply #227501 | Report this post

bulls4eva  
Years ago

thank god he is gone!

that fat, rosey cheeked, penguin looking piece of crap was an absolute blight on basketball in this state. He has been ruining games since i was 12 and if i was to name the 50 worst things i have ever seen a ref to, it would only have Mr Jacks-men and the old paddle pop lion filling it out

id love to pass on a story here, but i dont know where to start - all ill say is good riddance you fat turd! may life be as rotten to you as you were as a ref

Reply #227517 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bulls4eva,
why don't you tell us what you really think?

As a side story, rumour is the Balfours rep for Port Adelaide just pulled out of a deal for a new holiday shack at Lady Bay based on a forecast drop in sales

Reply #227521 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754