fdfd
Years ago

Where is Aaron Bruce playing this offseason?

Does any body know if or where aaron is playing in the offseason?

down here in victoria there is a few rumors floating around his suiting up for his hometown team Horsham??

any truth to this?

Topic #19228 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Poor Horsham if that is true :P

Reply #227701 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Horsham plays Division 3 Big V basketball, and whilst he played 1 game for them last year to play with his brother's, I think that it would harm his career if he went backt o play there at that level.

Reply #227705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fairly confident he's heading back to the states with his fiance! From the horses mouth!

Reply #227709 | Report this post

Alamo  
Years ago

To do what? Take the break as a 'break?'

Would be well advised to play SEABL, Big V Championship or SA State League. I think Aaron had a season he didnt expect but also didnt realise the high standard of the NBL (on court that is...)

Needs to still very much prove himself in Australia.

Reply #227711 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

He's off to the States to spend some quality time with his in-laws to be

Reply #227716 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Hopefully he comes back and plays SEABL or Big V Championship. He needs to play a season in one of those leagues and do well, other wise I feel his bball career will deteriorate.

Reply #227729 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If he wants to be close to Horsham, then Ballarat or Geelong would be a good place to start

Reply #227730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone is talking like he can hardly play the game. He was a first year player who needs to polish and learn his game at a pro level. Nothing more nothing less.

Reply #227750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horsham are playing division 2 actually, his brother shaun trained with the 36ers during the year and was vic countrys leading scorer at under 18's.

Aaron is the rookie of the year averaged 10 points and 5 assists in diminished minutes i would harldy rate his season as a disgrace or struggled. he will b better for his year of experience under his belt with the speed and the players in the nbl, so i would look for even better numbers from him next year.

Reply #227756 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

My mistake...Div 2 it is.

I think AB had a great season, but playing down in the off-seaso will not do his game any good. He needs to play SEABL or Big Champ or at least at that level so he can continue to improve. there is no comparison between Div 2 and Big V Champ / SEABL

Reply #227776 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Should go play in the NZNBL. Thats a quality league.
However, I think he might be classed as an import. Can anyone confirm this?

Reply #227792 | Report this post

Alamo  
Years ago

I dont think Aaron is what the bball public thinks he is.
His smart choice of a poor school in a huge league in baylor and the Big 12, was very smart > it has made you/me/us think he is ahead of where he really is.

Is it enough to say that he isnt playing SA CBA, BIG V Champ or SEABL is because if he doesnt have great numbers, he is really exposed.

Atleast 12 players from the leagues mentioned above could play his role and add more in the NBL, without the promotion os the AIS & US exp,

Thoughts?

Reply #227797 | Report this post

Mo' bags  
Years ago

I still laugh at him nominating for the NBA draft. Given what we know now about his game, the first question asked when he arrived in Adelaide should have been "What were you thinking?"

Reply #227853 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I know this is a bit late, but I have to comment on Mo bags' incredibly naive post.

After his junior year Bruce merely threw his name in and worked out for a couple of teams, then withdrew and returned to school - something plenty of players who are only eligible for/interested in staying at school one more year do every year.

And ALL seniors are automatically eligible for the draft (ie. they don't have to nominate). Aaron worked out with several teams and then played Summer League after the draft.

All he ever did was use the system that was in place in the same way plenty of other college players do. And you have to remember that early on in his time at Baylor he was looking likely as a draft pick, so it's not as if he was a bench warmer from a tiny school trying out.

Reply #229636 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754