Anonymous
Years ago

Ten HD showing 6 hours of NBA on Friday

On friday arfternoon TEN are going to show both games from the TNT thursday double header followed by NBA 360, a 1 hour highlightes show.

So the schedule looks like this.

12:00-2:30 - Dallas @ New Orleans
2:30 -5:00 - Portland @ Denver
5:00-6:00 - NBA 360

Hows that for some NBA coverage!

(and here's a preview of the double header with ernie, kenny and charles: http://linky.com.au/ap5q1 )

I just can't believe what an awesome job channel 10 are doing. Unlike all the other stations, they are actually using their HD channel and putting extra programmig on. They have also added quite a few NBA games to their original schedule. Will be interesting to see how much of the playoffs Ten show. I'm hoping that when "ONE HD" comes in we will get the games live in Adelaide rather than 30 mins delayed. Anyway, strap yourself in for a basketball feast on friday.

Topic #19232 | Report this topic

uncle boogy  
Years ago

Yeh, this is friggin awesome.

Reply #227759 | Report this post

vc for 3  
Years ago

This is only on the programme for Melbourne. All other citys get the first game then Nascar...

Reply #227765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holy crap you're right, vc for 3. It sydney not melboure. So sydney get 2 games and everyone else only gets 1! WTF?

Reply #227767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wanted the celtics v cavs game, as a celtic fan. But too many cavs and lakers games for my liking.

Reply #227771 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I doubt if the play-offs will be shown at all, certainly not the final-series as fox will have exclusive rights. I may be wrong but I would think this to be the case.

Reply #227783 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Fox as in Fox Sports Australia?
They didnt bother with the finals rights last season, why would they this.

ESPN usually are the only place for finals, but have screwed around in the past. Perhaps we will get something like west on ESPN east on ch10... Will be interesting.

Reply #227784 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

BTW It's Sydney & Melbourne that have the double header listed.

Loving Ten HD and loving my PlayTV (PS3 DVR :-)

Reply #227786 | Report this post

Ten don't have the rights to any playoff games.

Reply #227788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ, didnt think playtv was out yet?

Reply #227794 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Will definately have to get on to the idea that was suggested previously to email in major kudos for the job they are doing- I'm sure they don't get compliments anywhere near as often as they get complaints.
Almost makes me want to work from home that day- not entirely sure how much I'll get done though!

Reply #227803 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Play Tv hasn't been released in oz yet, but a imported one from UK does the trick. Only downside is no SBS, but this is purely a software thing as plug the play tv unit into pc and run media centre and you get all channels, so the hardware is capable and one would expect a software update upon aussie release will fix that. Updates semm to be somewhat global, the last one fixed some problems italians were having.

If u have a ps3 its a great alternative. You'll want to upgrade your HDD though. Full NBA game in HD will take approx 12gig but well worth it for the quality ;-)

Reply #227873 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Why are you guys saying that it doesn't include Adelaide? Every online TV guide that I have consulted says that Adelaide gets the full 6 hours. Even the Channel Ten website lists the double header + 360.

Reply #227879 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

That is good news for Adelaide viewers ClownDog - as of 4pm yesterday the channel 10 website only had it listed for Sydney and Melbourne. Adelaide only had the 1 game listed and then exciting stuff like Judge Judy, guess they have updated the guide now and Adelaidians can enjoy 6 hours of glorious NBA ;-)

Re PlayTV http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=ps3_playtv

Reply #227934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ClownDog, every 10 minutes or so the channel ten website was changing beween double header and only one game. Its still changing a bit and appears to be stuffed. I'd stay away from the TEN website for now and refer to other online guides. The one i just looked at says the full double header is on.

Reply #227956 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It's on.

Reply #227957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SWEET.

Reply #227960 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Ah, so chaos reigns. I just checked my DVR EPG and that is listing Judge Judy and all the other crap. Oh well, I'll just record the whole 6 hours and it'll be a surprise to see what I've got when I get home from work!

Reply #227990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both of the games were/are being shown in Adelaide.

Reply #228063 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Indeed they were! My DVR broke them into smaller files and labeled them as Nascar, Judy, Huey, Golf etc (using the incorrect EPG data), but it was actually all NBA, yay!

Reply #228099 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754