Years ago

boomers coach

I just wanted your thoughts on who is the next,
boomers coach.

Topic #19237 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

only 2 coaches left in the race - Brett Brown & BG

JR & I discuss this on the next episode of The OT which will be out towards the end of the week...

Also - who is the front runner for back up PG to Mills at the next Olympics?

I think it SHOULD be Brett Brown but JR thinks differently for a very 'different' reason

Reply #227806 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Was that a teaser of things to come for the new OT Episode Rod? :)

Reply #227810 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I am glad JR doesn't think that Brett Brown should be the back up PG, for a start he is too old IMO.

Reply #227812 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Would Goorj take assistant role? Is that at all feasible?

Reply #227826 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Not sure I could picture Goorj's personality taking a back seat role as assistant coach?

Reply #227830 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Paging drb, an opportunity exists to push Joyce's agenda...

Reply #227859 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Backup PG should be out of Gibson, Bruce and Kendall. Gibson's leading at this stage.

Reply #227862 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Kendall - you are joking, Good shooter but no point guard. Gibson well ahead of Bruce and now he is making some three's would be a cert.

Reply #227871 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Definitely a teaser for the upcoming episode - JR was ready to go for this episode!!! finished the season and ready to get a feww things out there for discussion.

Out later today/tonight

Reply #227907 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i think brown would definately be a better option than goorj

Reply #227915 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

keep an eye on young kerry williams(taipans) as the next back up p/g for the boomers.
the kid needs to work on his jumper,but watching him in traffic with the ball is a pleasure.
he is not a,shoot first, p/g and can find the open man very well.
he needs to work very hard on becoming a threat offensively!!!

Reply #227936 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Watch out for a few of the Emu's as well...some talent in there.

Also, don't forget young Nate Tomlinson is doing alright over in the NCAA as well for Colorado! He is their starting PG in his Freshman season, and whilst he may not be having the same impact as Mills, he is having a solid year.

Reply #227943 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

But as for coach, I personally prefer Brett Brown as a coach and people person. His time with the Giants in the NBL was all class. But I reckon it will end up being Goorj.

Reply #227944 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

as far as the coach goes,i think goorj has
'just about' had his time with the boomers.
i get the feeling that the internationals and the nblers in the team need an injection of new ideas,how to prepare for different teams and different play situations etc

i do not believe in change for the sake of change!!

it needs to be a change up,
for the good of the boomers!!
come on down mr brown!!

Reply #227951 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Considering Gorj has done nothing with the national team but well domestically id keep him involved but its time to hand the head coach reins over to anyone else, maybe an ex legend who has player respect, cant be any worse, "Andrew Gaze, Brett Maher, Bradtke, no current NBL coach could do any better than Gorj so i say mix it up a bit.

Reply #228071 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754