hoops
Years ago

Patrick Mills

Is he back playing yet? where did St Mary's end finishing?

Topic #19275 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Check out this thread dedicated to Mills.

Reply #228392 | Report this post

sofa king lounges  
Years ago

yes playing - they won and the wcc title game v gonzaga is on espn HD at 6.30 tonight - his hand still looks puffy - but he played as good as ever v portland

Reply #228393 | Report this post

Davidk  
Years ago

St Mary's just got done over by a much better drilled and skilled Gonzaga.
Mills had a shocker in only his 2nd game back. 2 from 15 and 0-7 from downtown. I have to say, he never looked like scoring and took some really poor options. A couple of prayer hook shots on the run (is not a good option). It appeared he was trying a little too hard in this game. He does appear to have the green light, even when shooting poorly. The commentators tried their best to give him the benefit of the doubt, as it is only his second game back. For me the big men of St Mary's also really let the game slip away, by either turning the ball over, or missing some really easy close in shots. For his second game in a row, the centre showed he doesn't yet have all the skills required of a big man. He missed some sitters around the basket, and when he wasn't missing, he was taking way too long in the paint and getting called for it.
The Gonzaga guards played a whole let better, shooting at a good percentage and hitting the 3's when it counted.
It remains to be seen if St Mary's get accepted into the big NCAA tournament coming up. I would like to see Mill's get a chance on a bigger stage yet again, to see what he can do.

Reply #228437 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754