Avv
Years ago

Carfino yelling during commentary

Why does he have to yell when commentating on Fox? Take a breath, it's not a horse race.

Gaze is a great commentator when commentating the olympics and doesn't yell but i think he ends up having to do it too to keep up with Carfino and making it almost unbearable at times to watch with the sound on.

Anyone feel the same way?

Topic #19291 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont like it when Carfino yells but when Gazey raises his voice I love it. Comical sometimes.

Gaze: "Donta Smith isn't a star HE IS A SUPEPSTAR".

But when Carfino is yelling AND THE DRAGON RETAKE THE LEAD AND LEAD IT BY 9 NINE HERE A HISENSE ARENA etc that gets a bit wearing for me.

Reply #228548 | Report this post

plop  
Years ago

mate u guys are f*%cken sooks

Reply #228551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how lame was the whole " check " thing at the start

Reply #228553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

check thing? what?

Reply #228555 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Something like:

"MELBOURNE? CHECK! ATMOSPHERE? CHECK! RIVALRY? CHECK! TWO GREAT TEAMS? CHECK! BEST COMMENTARY TEAM? CHECK!" etc. etc.

I don't notice the shouting much during the game but it was a bit much at the start.

Bradtke is just a douchebag, he's ruining the GF coverage almost as much as the replay guy is. He said something like "We're down at the cage where the REAL fans are". Biased much?

Reply #228575 | Report this post

J-Rich  
Years ago

Who cares man....

Sheesh, people will complain about anything...

Reply #228576 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I appreciate having any coverage at all but it is quite sub-par.

Reply #228578 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

You all complained about Casey as well, right?

Hold on, Ill ring Marv Albert and see what he is doing next season.

Reply #228581 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Yes have to agree Bradtke has as much personality as a house brick....

Carfino isn't my fav commentator in the world....maybe Rex Hunt should have a crack!

Reply #228585 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"You all complained about Casey as well, right?"

I like Casey. I get your point though.

I wonder how much it'd take to get Dennis Commetti on board in his off-season. He'd only miss a few finals due to football. That'd be fantastic, I'd watch GC vs. Wollongong if he was commentating!

Reply #228588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who did Bradtke suck off to get a TV gig?
No personality? Check! Can't speak clearly? Check! A face for radio? Check! etc. Subtitles are required when he is on.

Reply #228589 | Report this post

Years ago

He 'thinks' he's black? Or he looked in the mirror and noticed he WAS black? He seems black to me.

Nationality: United States

Come on now though, what has that got to do with his commentating?

Reply #228600 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

If Fox do continue with the NBL coverage then they should try and get Phil Lynch to be their commentator. Very professional and doesn't get over emotional.

Reply #228612 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What about Elliot Goblet.
'I would just be going internally beserk'.

Reply #228618 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Xztatik - with regards to Bradtke's comment about being where the real fans are I thik You'll find he was actually giving Sh%$ to Gaze and Carfino being up in the "airconditioned box" while he was courtside with the "real fans" - I certainly didnt take his comments as being pro Tigers/anti Dragon at all.

The commentators really havnt bothered me at all so far. Sure Gaze has lifelong loyalties to the Tigs - so what - To me he seems to be giving a pretty good and honest appraisal of whats happening on the floor. Carf as well - yeah he gets excited and the volume goes up but really whats the big deal?

Reply #228624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mahersy for FOX next year!

Reply #228629 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Geordie Cullen - he was just weird.

Reply #228633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino is a great commentator and if you dont like him i will punch you in the face.

Reply #228641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Fox should get Mahersy on next year! He was fantastic in that one Boomers game he did. Really enjoyed his commentary.

Reply #228646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the commentators at the Cage and at Hisense have to sit in a box!? I'd always assumed they were always courtside like at the Sixers games. Whats the deal there?

Reply #228647 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Xztatik - with regards to Bradtke's comment about being where the real fans are I thik You'll find he was actually giving Sh%$ to Gaze and Carfino being up in the "airconditioned box" while he was courtside with the "real fans" - I certainly didnt take his comments as being pro Tigers/anti Dragon at all."

Ok, sorry I misunderstood that.

I agree on Gaze, I don't think he's overly biased. I think he says "I don't mean to be biased here" more than he actually is biased.

Reply #228655 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754