Marmalade
Years ago

Footy Show Question

Does anyone know why Trevor Marmalade left the Footy Show, I thought he just retired but Sam and Gary's tone and words made me think there was a little more to it.

I loved Trev in the Bar!!

Topic #19300 | Report this topic

nounsa  
Years ago

ud be the only one... cept every guy over the age of 45 who his jokes actually related to...

Reply #228691 | Report this post

Guess  
Years ago

apparently he wasn't offered a contract this year.

Reply #228692 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

He doesn't really add much. He comes up with one or two jokes each show which aren't funny. He has had a good ride with the show up to now.

Reply #228696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he adds A LOT. Really liked him and its a shame to see him go.

Reply #228704 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

He was cr*p, and was apparently earning more than $600,000 per year. He was offered a MUCH reduced contract and chose not to accept.

I havent watched the footy show for a couple of years now, surely the whole thing has had its day?

Time for something new and clever...as it was originally.

Reply #228731 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Trev's jokes were getting worse every year. Not too sad to see him go.

So glad Sammy stayed, I wasn't expecting that.

Hopefully it gets better than it was last night though.

Reply #228735 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

think it will get better but not much. I think everyone knows what you are getting with the show and that is not going to change. They way i see it, its a show you can burn some time with, get some footy info and a few laughs.

Reply #228784 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Crawf will add a bit to it

Reckon Billy Brownless should become more of a regular

Reply #228785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754