green
Years ago

NBL broadcasting

With Fox sports acting more like a communist nation than a sports channel, the NBL rights should go to One
HD and ESPN Australia.Even though the NBL won't get much money from ESPN, at least they could screen Friday & Saturday games better than fox.One HD can match fox sports offer of $1 million per year while
showing 1 live game on Sunday afternoons.

Topic #19337 | Report this topic

shin splints  
Years ago

The 10 network does not want to pay big money for a sport that doesn't attract advertisers. This is why the NBL has not been on FTA for years (the exception being Sunday morning condensed replays).

As much as we want to think TV executives have the viewers best interests at heart, it all comes down to the advertising dollar and selling air time.

Reply #229057 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

What league? Will we even have a New NBL? I hope so, but the future looks dim.

Reply #229073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes we will nutjob.

Reply #229088 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I'm with Nutjob, all indications to me at this point is it may not happen.

I wouldn't actually mind the new league start back this year. With the NBA showing on FTA this will give people some time to re-live the 90s and hopefully have a 'desire' to watch NBL. And perhaps basketball will be big again to have ONE showing it all with ESPN?

Reply #229142 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

It is really starting to annoy me when people are saying that we won't have a league next year. If you have proof then please share.

Reply #229143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Big Sexy.

I'm looking forward to the BA announcement which will come in the next month or so and all these doomsday people can finally shut up.

LA Boy your just wrong, there will be a league and it will start in October 09, unless you've got facts to support your claims then all your doing is making things worse.

Reply #229145 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

They don't have proof they are just being negative and speculating about their personal opinions.
I too am getting a bit tired about the one-sidedness of what's appearing in some posts about the new League- none of it is based on fact when much of it is still being worked through by the NBL themselves.
Reminds me of Bogut's generalised comments and the ones that followed.

Reply #229180 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I'm sorry for making such discomfort to you, let's put it this way. I heard the words from the coach and players of a NBL team. But some reason I don't think they are not completely affirmative on this one as they too are waiting for league announcement (perhaps they're being negative because the potential of losing their job?)

Reply #229197 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

One HD shold show week night games becouse theres not mutch on the table on those time slots and ESPN can show Weekend games and both can show echothers replays

Reply #229230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754