Stephon
Years ago

Play-off positions

Does anyone know how the seeding would be determined in the event that Adelaide, Wollongong and Melbourne all finish with a 20-12 record?

Wollongong has beaten Melbourne twice and us twice. That puts their record at 4-2 versus Adelaide and Melbourne.

Adelaide and Melbourne are 3-3 but I'm not sure how the split would be determined.

There is also the chance that Sydney, Wollongong, Adelaide and Melbourne will finish with 20-12 records. The teams still have to play each other so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Damn you Hunter! Why couldn't you beat Sydney tonight!

Topic #1934 | Report this topic

FLY  
Years ago

I think that in the case of the Melbourne/Adelaide series tie, it comes down to the points scored for and against in the matches.

Reply #21996 | Report this post

disco stew  
Years ago

yes it's the points spread and then finally overall %

I think the point that stephon was on about was some teams have played more than 3 times to get a split - some playing higher finishers than others causing some debate on legitimately beating higher up teams

Reply #21997 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stephon, concentrate on hoping it doesn't happen. ;)

Hawks dumped by the Razors, so that helps our chances. If they'd only lost to the Kings too, we'd be looking good for a potential 2nd spot.

Brisbane look to have played the "we've got an injured player, but not really" card this round, so hopefully we kick their butts tonight.

Reply #22009 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Hawks need to lose the next 2 and we need to win the next 2. Not likely but very possible. The Kings are also in a position where a top 2 position is not yet guaranteed. Just keep fingers crossed.

Reply #22015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754