no they cant

Reply #229628 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

The link works for me.

Reply #229630 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was worthwhile going. I paid $10 for a silver ticket and sat in the front row, just behind the vic bench. Only 1000 there , so a bit quiet, spoilt it a bit. Good to see Brett Maher top score for SA, and good to watch Anstey v Schensch
I told Saville he looks like he's lost a little weight, since last time I saw him. Looks like he's fined down , but he said he's put on a bit around the tummy.
I enjoyed it. Just with the small crowd lacked atmosphere.

Reply #229633 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Maher Schenscher Anstey Saville looked a real class above.

Reply #229635 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

they really should of advertised it better, i didn't even realize it was on until someone posted about Anstey's comments the other day.

Reply #229638 | Report this post

Hood 11  
Years ago

They were never going to get a very big crowd holding it on the same weekend as the single biggest Adelaide sporting event on the calendar, and at the same time as the race..... WTF ???

Reply #229639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very boring game

Reply #229640 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It is/was a shame such a small crowd for such quality.
Wheels said his health is improving a lot, with the things he's doing. MAY not need a liver transplant.

Interesting to see Maher probably best on court.
Hypothetical - but if you were Brett Brown having a look, just on that game .. Anstey, Saville, Schenscher and Maher would be straight in the squad, first picked, easily.

Reply #229641 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah it was a shame about the crowd but as mentioned the scheduling killed any chance of a good turn out. I think worthington worked from the inside to give he Vic's the game, after the half some of the shot attempts were crazy. Though that young guy from the Vic's was pretty good for a pitch hit, made some errors but did not look overwhelmed at all.

Glad to see the wheels was in good spirits and appears in health (considering) just a shame about the crowd. Nice day had on my part.

Reply #229644 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

It was played at a lower intensity than a real game, without the showtime feel of an allstar or And1 game, which made for a pretty boring two hours. Brad Hill's alley-oop just about made it worthwile though.

Felt sorry for that Spehr guy for SA, he couldn't miss in the warmup but Phil only played him for about two minutes. The youngsters were the only ones playing with any intensity until Anstey, Smith and Saville turned it on a bit.

Igor Biglastnameovic from Victoria looked fairly poor I thought - he shoots the ball from his palm and was pretty turnover prone.

Reply #229647 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Turned out to be a friendly game.
I think crowd of 4000 or more would have lifted the intensity.

Reply #229651 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

it was a good game and playd in the spirit it should have been played in. Wortho was all smiles. In Q1 when subbed off he complained to Phil he had been left out for too long!

Reply #229653 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Was expecting the script to be SA down by 1 with one play left, Wheels jams the 2 for a win....not to be

Reply #229654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats the url to the box scores?

Reply #229661 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The game was a light hearted end to the season, but how would a more serious game like this go?
Boti commented that State of Origin was back - with BA now in control of the "ALBINO", would a round robin SoI series at the start of the NBL seaosn be a nice entree to the season proper?

Reply #229673 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

What about a round robin style tourny

If there aren't enough peeps from say Tas they get to join Vic, WA to SA Qld to NSW etc.

Throw in one import team and you have the 4 squads.

Could have a 4 team series over a weekend with a GF Sunday night.

Games capped at 2 15 minute halves so they dont get worn out etc with a full 48 min GF

Reply #229680 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That would work

Reply #229682 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good idea (with the sport restructing as 1 organisation, seems to fit)

Reply #229684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XztatiK,

Igor Biglastnameovic will make a lot of $$$ one day as he is difficult player to deal with when trying to guard him and he has already won gold.

Reply #229685 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

I enjoyed the game I thought Wortho did a great job in lightening the atmosphere and casually shooting threes from way out. Loved Davos imitation of Julius on the foul line. Nice to see Ng out there again, and a few of the young guns having a run. All in all a fun game played in the right spirit with all the players obviously enjoying themselves. Only down side was the low crowd numbers.

Reply #229686 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Shame the crowd was down, I was backing SA to win, after all, we did have big Dix....

Reply #229687 | Report this post

Disappointing  
Years ago

The game was dead boring and quite disrespectful to the paying ticket holders IMO. I understand it was a light heart game as such, but IMO they treated it as a joke. Waste of an afternoon.

Reply #229688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754