Fezlington
Years ago

Cousins

Pulled up lame at the end of the third...had the medical staff look at him

they played him in the forth and ...bang....pulled a hammy

Are they stupid down at Richmond or what?

Down by 50+ points.....whats the bloke gonna do...win u the game?

its round 1 for crying out loud

the Cuz shouldve played half a game max

Feel sorry for the bloke

Also feel sorry for Raines....back from a Knee Reco and he was out there during the 4th....when they were down 10 Goals

Im saying this.....Wallace will be sacked by Round
5-6 and the Tigers will name Sheedy as coach

Topic #19432 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Fezlington maybe Cousins felt alright to go in the last quarter for an extra run?

Carlton will be a good team this season!

Reply #230078 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Maybe he did....but surely Round 1...the coaching and medical staff would have enough common sense to say....Ben..your done for the night

Im a Carlton supporter

But i feel sorry for the bloke.....he was their best player by far apart from Morton who kicked 4

Those who thought Richmond were going to be a force this year .......geez

I reckon if you play the way you did tonight

the only thing ur going to win is the Spoon

Reply #230080 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Agree with Fez, he shouldn't have gone back out. 30 year old guy with bad hamstrings, in his first game in 18 months, has soreness in his hammy and he is allowed to go back out? That probably should've been cotton wool time. Even more so when the game had already been decided.

I don't want to say it, but could that be it for Cuz? That's two H&A games in a row now that have ended with him tearing his hammy, not good signs at all.

Reply #230081 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Richmond supports are so fun - can we expect a truck load of manure at the recovery session this morning?

Reply #230089 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

So that means the last two AFL games (2007) Cuz has played in he has pulled his hammy in both...the next Buckley?

Reply #230095 | Report this post

jazz  
Years ago

Agree, Cuz should never have been allowed to go back on, what was the point? For the fans? All the pre-game hype? What else were they going to prove.

Don't agree that he was their best player apart from Morton on the night, didn't think he played that well at all. Do feel sorry for him, he was clearly disappointed. And if you think that's bad, what's the bet he was approached by drug testing officials straight after the game and asked for a sample?

It is only round one just remember, but I have a gut feeling too that we may see Wallace sacked after a handful of rounds and Sheeds to take over. Also, what's the best this may be Cousins one and only season back in the AFL? If the hammy goes again, I'd say an early retirement. No what I hope, just what I think.

Reply #230107 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

The pain that Cuzz was complaining about was Knee related not hammy...so no need to discuss him going back out, anyway, the guy has been out for 2 years, he needs all the match fitness he can get.

The next Buckley...very likely IMO, has had suspect Hammy's for last few years.

(Wonder which drugs help out hamstring repair?)

Richmond, will implode as usual...if they got Sheeds to coach...they will have done very very well.

Best player?..not in my book...he was servicable but not much else

Reply #230108 | Report this post

Homer  
Years ago

As a Richmond supporter, I devoured my offspring soon after the final siren and just cannot stand my club going through another season of this crap. I agree, Wallace will be gone by round 4-6 but Sheedy would be a backward move. Got to go young like Hawthorn and North did and now Freo and Essendon have done.
I don't think the likes of Sheedy, Pagan etc will resurface at AFL level again.

Reply #231536 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I've been trashing the Aussie coaching for not doing their job and will continue to do so...Cousin should get ready to retire

Reply #231541 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

me- to my understanding he was complaining pain at the back of the knee and you know what? that's where hamstrings attaches to.

my guess is medical staff had been treating the pain site but not going into the source/root and that is why he has been plagued with hamstring issues.

in the states you rarely have elite, "well-prepared" athletes with non-contact injuries like that.

Reply #231542 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754