AndyOG
Years ago

Leroy and Mean

I was just watching an episode of the old "Heroes of the Hardwood" tribute to Leroy Loggins on the Foxtel IQ, and heard a ripper of a quote from Al Green in regards to the period when he and Leroy both played as imports for the West Adelaide Bearcats in the early, early eighties.

I would like to share it with all of you nbl basketball fans who don't have access to foxtel or didn't hear it when you watched it the first time.

"When we used to play together me and leroy had a combination of... Batman-Robin. It could be him Batman, me Robin.. I'm Batman, He's Robin, because we're both left handed... and we worked really really well together, we're great friends"

That's from the heart, that's closing in on 30 years since they played together and the spark is still alive. Would have been great to watch those two play together way back when, and pity the city of churches couldn't do what we have done so well in the past with foreign athletes and claimed Leroy as our adopted state son, how different it would have been.

Topic #19440 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Someone please, upload these to the web. Haven't seen them yet.

Reply #230128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754