Anon-e-mouse
Years ago

Norwood/State Champs

With both canivals being just around the corner at Easter (Norwood) and at the end of April (State Champs)who would be your picks for taking out first spot or not? Does anybody predict any surprises? And which teams would be likely get a berth at Classics...

Topic #19442 | Report this topic

camel35  
Years ago

My guess for State Champs would be:

16 Boys top4 in no particular order: Sturt, Mavs, Norwood, Southern.

18 Boys : Sturt, Norwood, Forestville, West

Not sure about Easter. Have many U18 teams even entered? Can't imagine them taking it too full on with Nationals just a week later.

Reply #230133 | Report this post

moose 66  
Years ago

sturt have entered their div 2 team in the div 1 competetion because of the div 1's playing in the 18 Nats.

Dandenong and other melbourne clubs are not making the trip over for the 18's....i may be wrong still on this one

Reply #230145 | Report this post

Fox 35  
Years ago

when can we expect to see a draw for the easter carnival?

Reply #230156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 boys

Sturt
Forestville
Norwood
Eastern
South
Centrals
West
Southern
North
Woodville

Reply #230172 | Report this post

Anon-e-mouse  
Years ago

What about F/Boys in U16's any chance of them doing well?

Reply #230173 | Report this post

Anon-e-mouse  
Years ago

My bad.......F/Ville boys!!!!!

Reply #230174 | Report this post

orange 10  
Years ago

Guessing for under 16 boys:

Mavs, Sturt, Southern, Norwood or Forestville

Under 16 girls:

Mavs, Sturt, Forestville, Norwood

Both mavericks and sturt in both age groups are inproving out of site and i expect them to do very well

Reply #230218 | Report this post

MBTM  
Years ago

16 boys

Mavs, sturt, southern, bearcats

16 girls

mavs, sturt, forrestville, would have been norwood as 4th but mavs absolutly drilled them. so no longer sure

Reply #230466 | Report this post

Nose It All  
Years ago

U16 girls, Mavs...then daylight.

Reply #231042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See Eastern Mavericks U/16 Boys thumped the NZ team St Patricks College by 87 pts in the 1st round of the easter classic, Maybe the NZ team shouldve played in the state pool rather than the championship pool.

Reply #231475 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And the Huka that their players, parents, etc, performed at the beginning of the game bviously had no affect in intimidating the Mavs Boys - had quite the opposite result really

Reply #231488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754