bballfan
Years ago

Boomers Coach announced Tues 31 Mar

brett brown to be announced next week,

? who will be his assisant coaches

Topic #19447 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Why has it been so long for BA to announce Brett Brown as coach?

shouldn't they have announced a squad and been preparing for some sort of international series fairly soon?

wtf is going on?

Reply #230181 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I heard it will be announced in Melbourne as part of the BA rebranding and World Record attempt.

Reply #230182 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Goorjian is in Japan this week.
Whilst he is away the piss ants at BA will announce the change. Yet again pathetic.

Reply #230184 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Curious, if it does change, and if it is announced next week...why is that pathetic?

Reply #230196 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Curious. Your comment seems to be out of left field with regards to BA. Do you think that Goorjian doesn't know by now who the Boomers coach will be?
Don't be that naive. Maybe BA are waiting to make announcements at an appropriate time and place?

DJ Rod. Are there any upcoming series that require the naming of a coach and/or squad? Surely it is better to get things right (for a change) and move forward appropriately.

Reply #230200 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Make the announcement when BG is at least in the country and give him the courtesy to respond to any questions from the media etc.
Can't be that difficult to do. We have waited this long already another few weeks would make no difference.

Reply #230202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have ever named a person for a position, you will know that the others will have to know they are unsuccessful at the same time as the successful applicant, otherwise it becomes open for grievances.
Gorj will know already, specially if ppl on an internet forum know...

Reply #230207 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

I'm looking fwd to this announcement. They must have done some brain storming to get this result. How is Brett Brown going to be the main assistant in San Antonio & pull off head coach of Oz?
As coaches i believe Goorgian is far superior but Brett must have learnt a bit in the States.
Hopefully Goorgian stays involved!

Reply #230211 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Press release just went out from BA - Boomers Coach to be announced tomorrow at 10am. Both Goorjian and Brown are currently overseas.

Reply #230215 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

But curious, if BA are to make some noise about the boomers along with the brand, why should they be tied to an overseas trip Goorj wishes to take?

Reply #230230 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Brett's got the job, and coach Goorijan's gone to China not Japan for 10 days

Reply #230231 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Grantley Bernard wrote the article, in the sun, 2 weeks ago, that it's Brown, and Goorj read it.

Reply #230237 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

As people above have said, Goorjian would have known for sometime that Brown has the job. I'm sure he would be fine with it being announced while he is overseas. In fact, he even had a statement prepared for the AAP when they put the article out today:

"I've known Brett for a long time. He's a great coach and a good person and I wish him every success with the national program," Goorjian said.

I also recall Goorjian saying during the Olympics something about possibly ending his tenure at the end of the tournament. So even he was thinking that it might be time for a change.

I know why some people may have reservations about Brown - after winning the championship in 94, he didn't have that impressive a record as a coach in the NBL - but I think that six years with the top notch Spurs is likely to have taught him a thing or two.

Hopefully, Brown's past experience with the Boomers, NBL and NBA will give him some different insights as to what needs to happen to get the most out of our talent.

Reply #230310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754